Mary

jonbly
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Mary

Post by jonbly »

7/10 - Mainstream horror, nice and safe. 'Distinctly OK'.
danthsmith
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Re: Mary

Post by danthsmith »

Wasted cast. mediocre
DJBenz
-----
-----

Post by DJBenz »

Every haunted house movie you've ever seen. Except on a boat.

All aboard the Sinister Schooner and the Conjuring Cruiser.

2/5
mamawaldi
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by mamawaldi »

A waste of some great talent in this extremely generic ghost movie. Guess what? The young daughter who loves to draw starts including a sinister dark figure in her pictures! Who'd have thunk it? In the q+a the director seemed to be choosing his words carefully in response to some questions. Suggested to me that the finished article isn't quite as he'd have liked it...
Paxton
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by Paxton »

Agree with general feeling. like so many movies coming out of Hollywood it was bland and derivative. A horror movie for people who don't watch or haven't watched many, horror movie
The Soapmaker
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by The Soapmaker »

Rubbish Amityville Horror on a boat. It couldn't have been more cliched.
I was a bit annoyed that Gary Oldman got not only top, but pre-title billing, I hope that wasn't at his insistence. He pretty much phoned in his performance and any redeeming features of the film were down to Emily Mortimer.
The director seemed an interesting chap, they should have skipped the film and let him give a talk about his career in the film and TV industry.
ChrisReynolds
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by ChrisReynolds »

The worst film I saw at Frightfest. You know it's going to be bad when Gary Oldman and Emily Mortimer star, yet it has its world premiere in a 10am Frightfest slot. Essentially it's a generic haunted house film set on a boat, with all the attendant cliches. The awkward flashback structure which stitches the film together suggests it underwent heavy recutting and reshooting in a vain attempt to make it scarier.