films we just saw

Chat here about anything horror related. Be it movies, news, remakes or events.
xLeft For Deadx
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by xLeft For Deadx »

The Haunted World of El Superbeast
Pretty much a 90 minute R rated Rob Zombie version of Ren and Stimpy/Animaniacs. A masked Luchador and Dr. Satan from House of 1000 Corpses (Paul Giamatti) battle for the hand of a stripper (Rosaria Dawson), while Sheri Moon Zombie (essentially Gadget from Chip and Dale's Rescue Rangers, but with an eye patch) and Brian Posehn (a talking car/robot) battle nazi zombie werewolves. Lots of voice cameos from the usual Rob Zombie crowd (Mosely, Haig, Foree, Wallace, etc). Took me about 15 minutes to get my head around the somewhat hyperactive nature, but once I was settled in I quite enjoyed it. I preferred it to Halloween 2 anyway.
"The suspect is armed with a machete in one hand, and his genitals in the other."
sherbetbizarre
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by sherbetbizarre »

lupogirl wrote:In 2012 shots of London and I think Paris as well.
They had the Eiffel tower from the Paris Hotel/££ in Vegas. America can't have a disaster movie without some French icon hitting the dirt!
sherbetbizarre
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by sherbetbizarre »

New Moon - less horror and more romance in this one, so it loses a point :P
streetrw
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by streetrw »

If it's Friday it must be Jess Franco Day.....

They've now sent me Sadisterotica, which is better than its followup Kiss Me Monster on the grounds that it's 0.35% more coherent and has a very mildly interesting topless dance scene. That said, it's still bilge. I don't think it would have helped if I'd watched the two films in the right order although I have managed to establish that the two heroines aren't jazz musicians after all but detectives. Glad we sorted that one out because it wasn't clear in KMM. The dubbing is particularly terrible, but that's the least of what's wrong with it.
http://streetrw.blogspot.com - For all your occasional film rambling needs.
http://twitter.com/streetrw - For when you really need to know what I had for breakfast.

AND NOW: SKYPE!
Melvin Junko
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by Melvin Junko »

A few days of with a tummy bug gave me plenty of time to watch some movies this week:

Chaw - Korean giant (cgi) pig movie, pretty entertaining stuff. Could have been about 30 minutes shorter but still good. Loads better then Pighunt.

Disgusting spaceworms eat everyone - Amazing mega budget blockbuster, great acting, great special effects, loved it! Ok, it was cheap as chips with dreadfull acting and even worse special effects. Still loved it :)

Saga of the Phoenix - Sequal to The Phoenix king. Peacock, Lucky fruit, the chick and that creature are back for more whacky adventures. Hong Kong fantasy goodness from the director of Story of Ricky.

Thursday - Snappy dialoge pulp fiction knock off, hadn't seen it in years. I used to love it as a little teenage stoner, now it was still quite good I thought.

Seven days in a coffin - Average Thai ghost movie. Who cares who killed the bitch, she was a slapper!

Neko - Ramen taisho, aka Pussy Soup - Ok, so this stuffed animal cat (in the real world)who is the son of a cat idol doesn't want to follow in his father's footsteps and starts a noodle bar. After his father ruins his show biz carreer due to some scandals, he starts his own noodle bar, with the goal to destroy his son. It all ends in a cook off. Great stuff. Needless to say it's Japanese haha.

Jesus Christ Vampire Hunter - Brilliant. Good fun, jesus, lesbians, Santo, Vampires, this one had it all!

Kung Fu Cyborg - Metal Attraction - Crazy HK action sci fi comedy. Ending was pretty nuts.

Meat Grinder - Thai Horror, thought it sucked.

The Prodigal Son - Great Kung Fu movie with a comprehensible story and some good fights. Really enjoyed it.

The Samurai Princess - Amazing Japanese gorefest in the vein of Machine Girl and Tokyo Gore Police.

Ninja Wars - Great flick with Sonny Chiba among others. I was pretty doped up on medication, and the story was pretty confusing with all the Magicians to turn into toher people and stuff. The ninja with the projectile vomit attack made up for all that though!

Dolemite - can't go wrong with some Rudy Ray Moore

The Black Tornado - also great, but the dvd was a bit messed up and started jamming up during hte last 5 minutes. Didn't get to see the end which pissed me off. Still good stuff.

Ravenous - costume cannibal action comedy horror stuff, not bad at all but I couldn't get into it for some reason.

Vampire Killer Barby's - Nice n sleazy Jess Franco movie, boobs, midgets, gore, terrible dubbing. Good entertainment. That I'm gonna kill you tonight song did get pretty annoying after hearing it about 15 times.
You can't do nothing right, Cooper! You stupid sonofabitch! You should have been destroyed at birth! That's what I get for teaming up with a hippie!
capthowdy66
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by capthowdy66 »

Watched 'Black Devil Doll'

Wow what a load of racist trash! Its only just over an hour long and that is way too long for the joke of a storyline.Possibly the worst film ive ever seen .Avoid like the plague! :shock:
xLeft For Deadx
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by xLeft For Deadx »

capthowdy66 wrote:Watched 'Black Devil Doll'

Wow what a load of racist trash! Its only just over an hour long and that is way too long for the joke of a storyline.Possibly the worst film ive ever seen .Avoid like the plague! :shock:
I was quite looking forward to this from the trailer. I can't remember the last time I bailed on a movie halfway through, possibly Skinwalkers at FF a couple of years back, but I only managed 25 minutes of this. It wasn't even that I found it offensive, it was just unbelievably shit.
"The suspect is armed with a machete in one hand, and his genitals in the other."
capthowdy66
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by capthowdy66 »

xLeft For Deadx wrote:
capthowdy66 wrote:Watched 'Black Devil Doll'

I was quite looking forward to this from the trailer. I can't remember the last time I bailed on a movie halfway through, possibly Skinwalkers at FF a couple of years back, but I only managed 25 minutes of this. It wasn't even that I found it offensive, it was just unbelievably shit.
Like you i was really looking forward to it having seen the trailer ages ago! What a disappointment! Not offensive at all , just awful!! :oops:
Notts Pete
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by Notts Pete »

Bum. I picked up a copy of Black Devil Doll at Memoriabilia yesterday. It was gonna be mine an Gav's Tuesday night sleazefest tomorrow! Is it really THAT bad? I do like the packaging, with all the retro posters and lobby cards on the reverse of the sleeve.
Oh well, got Craze, a 1970's UK pic with Jack Palance and Diana Dors yesterday as well, so that might be a good back up.

...and I've just read that Sony are releasing the super-cool retro-style blaxbloitation flick Black Dynamite on DVD & Bluray in February - now that DOES look good :)
I bet you think you know all about vampires ... believe me, you know f@*& all.
Mr Bill
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by Mr Bill »

Altered- very silly alien film. A bunch of rednecks are no match for the ridiculous alien they've captured, and while trying to decide what to do with it, get themselves propper fucked up. Daft.

Terminator Salvation- It's been a long time since the terminator franchise became kids action over adult horror, but having said that this was a fun sci-fi action flick, and great to see CGI Arnie with Terminator 1 haircut. Fun.

Push- amusing kids underground superhero stuff. Felt like the beginning of a series- but not sure it's going to make it.

Punisher Warzone- Hilarious.

Steel Trap- Cheap Saw style comeuppance horror flick with no real menace or gore. Very Underwhelming.

The Good, The Bad, The Weird- Wonderfully over the top Korean western, very silly in parts and doesn't have quite enough plot but it's just so much fun and looks so cool. The best film on this list- it's been a pretty poor few days.
I've come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass... and I'm all out of bubblegum
Grindhouse
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by Grindhouse »

Harry Brown Michael Caines best performance and movie for some time very violent gritty and compelling viewing,interesting to see Jack o Connell from Eden Lake playing a hoodie hudlum and not having the upper hand this time.
"Time To Nut Up Or Shut Up"
Maniacal
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by Maniacal »

Finally got sat down to watch Clive Barkers: Books of Blood which i was better then i expected with a decent script and some decent CGI even if the budget was low.

Twitter: _grimgringhost
Facebook: Maniacal2011
goregoregirl
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by goregoregirl »

Jennifer's Body - I actually liked this a lot better than I thought I would, it's not amazing but entertaining enough. I absolutely hated Juno, so this was a pleasant surprise.

Funny People - Not in the least bit funny, and altogether far, far too long.

New Moon - As rubbish as you'd expect, but I secretly kind of enjoyed it anyway... this may have a direct correlation to how much alcohol I'd consumed before going to the cinema.

Inglorious Basterds - I really didn't like this at all. Besides Christoph Waltz (who is great) there is absolutely no reason to watch this rubbish. I never was a huge fan of Tarantino, but this has tipped me over the edge into being completely anti-Tarantino.
lupogirl
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by lupogirl »

Had a double bill. Couple of days of ago.

First was my second worst film this year New Moon. Was not expecting a classic. Rather enjoyed the first one as the focus was more on the warring vampires. This one I was chuckling my way through, at times has the Mother of Tears moments of the floating appariation. Everyone sooo poefaced they needed a good shake by the shoulders. I don't think I be scampering off to see the third installment.

Next up Law Abiding Citizen. Even thought Gerard Butler was very nice on the eye. Thought at start the story was intriguing which might have a twist and then unravalled to a unbelievable climax.
"We Who Walk Here Walk Alone"
sherbetbizarre
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by sherbetbizarre »

Lupogirl, this is for you... :wink:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1bXeQ7baYEE