films we just saw

Chat here about anything horror related. Be it movies, news, remakes or events.
soberdave72@hotmail.com
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by soberdave72@hotmail.com »

After being totally shocked by Martyrs,last August. Not sure whether I loved it or hated it.

Saw it again at the ICA, on Saturday. I am definately now a fan. Masterpiece, the way it changes from a strong genre horror into something far far worse is utterly unique.

It caused quite a rumpus, four or five people walked out, one couple who were laughing during the massacre at the beginning, were the first to leave.

There are plenty of warnings at the ICA, on its content, so they cannot complain.

in reply to hello doris,
I found Next Of Kin on Zero Day DVD website.
Malachi
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by Malachi »

soberdave72@hotmail.com wrote:After being totally shocked by Martyrs,last August. Not sure whether I loved it or hated it.

Saw it again at the ICA, on Saturday. I am definately now a fan. Masterpiece, the way it changes from a strong genre horror into something far far worse is utterly unique.

It caused quite a rumpus, four or five people walked out, one couple who were laughing during the massacre at the beginning, were the first to leave.

There are plenty of warnings at the ICA, on its content, so they cannot complain.

in reply to hello doris,
I found Next Of Kin on Zero Day DVD website.
Hi soberdave,

I was also at the ICA on Saturday to see Martyrs.

The people who left were French as I heard their accents as they came in, which make it even more weird that they didn't know what to expect.

When it ended the guy next to me exclaimed "That was funny" yeah right. Another person asked his friend "that was a nice sick film you brought us to!".

Personally I liked 'Inside' better but thought Martyrs was better than Frontiers.
kitkat
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by kitkat »

I went to see Martyrs at the ICA on Sunday and two people walked out. The audience seemed pretty stunned by the film and I heard several people complain about the violence. However the ICA did warn people about the content and so the man sat near me who said he did not really like violent films should have known better. His friend made me laugh though when he replied 'How bad can it really be?' Both men spent an awful lot of the film with hands covering eyes.
Mcreadysbeard
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by Mcreadysbeard »

I was a fan of this film when I saw it at Frightfest. Thought it was a strong, thought-provoking slice of horror. Just goes to show how strong European horror cinema is at the moment. The friend I went with, however, couldn't form a coherent sentence for at least 20 minutes after the film!
If we've got any surprises for each other, I don't think either one of us is in much shape to do anything about it.
Grindhouse
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by Grindhouse »

3 films arrived of my rental list,
Mamma Mia
The Strangers
Appleseed Ex Machina
gave up on mamma mia,after hearing pierce brosnans singing,fell asleep during the strangers,which has 2 versions of the film,and appleseed another i never saw the end of,they are going back,i might get something i can stay awake too :P
and it seems that a lot of blu rays like hd dvds are mastered outside of the UK,carry fbi warnings and are the same as the US version,yet have bbfc ratings on the covers
"Time To Nut Up Or Shut Up"
sherbetbizarre
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by sherbetbizarre »

Grindhouse wrote:gave up on mamma mia,after hearing pierce brosnans singing
You got that far? :P
Grindhouse
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by Grindhouse »

sherbetbizarre wrote:
Grindhouse wrote:gave up on mamma mia,after hearing pierce brosnans singing
You got that far? :P
nope my partner was watching it and after hearing that,i decided not to!
"Time To Nut Up Or Shut Up"
Malachi
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by Malachi »

kitkat wrote:I went to see Martyrs at the ICA on Sunday and two people walked out. The audience seemed pretty stunned by the film and I heard several people complain about the violence. However the ICA did warn people about the content and so the man sat near me who said he did not really like violent films should have known better. His friend made me laugh though when he replied 'How bad can it really be?' Both men spent an awful lot of the film with hands covering eyes.

I find it so weird that people would go to a cinema like the ICA to see a foreign film with seemingly no knowledge of what it is they are going to see.
xLeft For Deadx
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by xLeft For Deadx »

Hello Doris! wrote: I am also after Night of the Creeps on dvd if anyone knows of anywhere.
I read that the same people behind the Monster Squad special edition dvd are working on a Night of the Creeps release. Who knows when it'll see the light of day though.
kimblebee
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by kimblebee »

xLeft For Deadx wrote:
Hello Doris! wrote: I am also after Night of the Creeps on dvd if anyone knows of anywhere.
I read that the same people behind the Monster Squad special edition dvd are working on a Night of the Creeps release. Who knows when it'll see the light of day though.
We saw it on the big screen at the Dublin Horrorthon last October and was told that it was the only print in the world - doesn't seem like it'll be available on DVD anytime soon either - I hope that isn't the case though, as it's a great film and I'd love to get it on DVD! :-)
Rue-morgue Jay
----
----

Post by Rue-morgue Jay »

If you are looking for a print/dvd of 'night of the creeps', try the camden film fair.

I got a vhs transfer that was pretty good with BOTH versions on it for £2?!

Obviously, it's not very 'legit', but it's the only way i got to see it. :D
kimblebee
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by kimblebee »

Ooh definitely gonna be there on Saturday then! :-)
mamawaldi
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by mamawaldi »

Trailer Park of Terror - Very average. Didn't have the splatter of a "Wrong Turn" or the humour of "2001 Maniacs" (the sequel to which may be a Frightfest X contender?)

The Vanguard - Only sat through 25 mins of this before stuffing it back in its Lovefilm envelope quick sharp. Utter zombie crud.
giles edwards
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by giles edwards »

The good news is Night Of The Creeps is coming to legit DVD this October....
[i]"Would you like to take a closer look ?"[/i]
Hello Doris!
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by Hello Doris! »

giles edwards wrote:The good news is Night Of The Creeps is coming to legit DVD this October....
Yah! my friend Jo is very excited
If only we were amongst friends... or sane persons!