TV Eye

Get to know the forumites, come and say Hello. Chat music, books, tv or games.
maxmum
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by maxmum »

Look at these wonderful promo pictures for some of the great american TV there is now, it's almost like art I think, very engaging:

Thanks for the ride, sir.
You have lovely sheep.

@patricidalpup
sherbetbizarre
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by sherbetbizarre »

Spiral

Not the Adam Green film! This is an 8-part French crime series which has been shown before, so check it out if you've never seen it.

Repeated from Monday on BBC4:
French crime thriller series. A young woman is found brutally murdered and dumped in a skip. Leading the investigation is young public prosecutor Pierre Clement, who teams up with no-nonsense police captain Laure Berthaud and investigating magistrate Judge Roban. Together, they must establish the identity of the victim and get to the perpetrators while navigating a tangled web of political intrigue, prostitution and drugs - each with a different vision of justice, each with their own personal demons...
Also Film4 have Diary of the Dead on Saturday night.
streetrw
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by streetrw »

Was it just me, or was this weekend's episode of Primeval one of the best of the entire three series? Ignoring one blatant riff from Jurassic Park , which is in the show's DNA anyway, I thought it was a lot more fun than, say, that Dr Who Easter special. Notable music score as well.
http://streetrw.blogspot.com - For all your occasional film rambling needs.
http://twitter.com/streetrw - For when you really need to know what I had for breakfast.

AND NOW: SKYPE!
soulmining
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by soulmining »

You're right, now that they've ditched a couple of main characters who were getting a bit tired and useless this season of Primeval is now finding its feet and has a renewed energy about it, typified by the boundless enthusiasm of Jason Flemyng... with so many established shows struggling to hold the attention at the moment, it's good to see one that is setting a high standard.

(Lost being the other good example at the current time)
First things first, stay calm.
Giz
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by Giz »

The latest season of Lost has blown me away,still thinking about it days after,which I haven't really enjoyed since season 2.Good stuff.

Smallville's finale sucked ass,Doomsday looked like a reject from the power rangers,just wish Smallville could evolve into a bigger budget Superman series.Shit or get off the pot.
mamawaldi
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by mamawaldi »

From Frightfest 08.... Jack Brooks Monster Slayer is on Zone Horror this Friday. A decent throwback to 80's latex monster flicks.
soulmining
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by soulmining »

I really must get my TV Eye blog written this weekend, long overdue... lots of new stuff, have already given up on Lie To Me and Knight Rider, but very much enjoying Dollhouse so far...

Did anyone see that Krod Mondoon rubbish on BBC this week with Sean Maguire and Matt Lucas? Awful, awful, awful... *shudders*

Hope Psychoville will be better... and The Take on SKY1 looks promising too.
AndyJWS
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by AndyJWS »

Primeval has been cancelled... putting a critical episode on opposite Planet of the Dead didn't help no doubt, although ratings didn't seem to be that bad... a shame ITV aren't moving away from drama before the watershed, it seems the less they've produced the less I've watched the channel over the years!

More info here
"There is no Good, there is no Evil... There is only flesh..."
maxmum
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by maxmum »

I dont know about anyone else but I will be watching Psychoville tonight on BBC2 at 10pm, from the league of gentlemen guys....looking forwards to that!
Thanks for the ride, sir.
You have lovely sheep.

@patricidalpup
Malachi
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by Malachi »

maxmum wrote:I dont know about anyone else but I will be watching Psychoville tonight on BBC2 at 10pm, from the league of gentlemen guys....looking forwards to that!

Thanks maxmum I forgot this was on today. Love the League of Gentlemen so have high hopes for this tonight!
Hello Doris!
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by Hello Doris! »

Fingers crossed its going to be good, but there is that worry its going to be a rehashed League of Gents. Hopefully it wont have the awful laughter track on, like most comedy seems to nowdays.
If only we were amongst friends... or sane persons!
zappa fan
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by zappa fan »

Ture Blood season 2 started in the states. Amazing first one! Check it out people if you aint already.
LAST FILM- Turistas 2006
"It's always funny until someone gets hurt. Then it's just hilarious." - Bill Hicks

twitter @nottsey
Letterboxd nottsey
Instagram nottsey
sherbetbizarre
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by sherbetbizarre »

I guess Season 1 has already shown in the UK?
zappa fan
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by zappa fan »

17th july on FX
LAST FILM- Turistas 2006
"It's always funny until someone gets hurt. Then it's just hilarious." - Bill Hicks

twitter @nottsey
Letterboxd nottsey
Instagram nottsey
soulmining
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by soulmining »