Black Water

Shamble, like a zombie, down Memory Lane. The ghost of FF2007 awaits you.
thesavageintruder
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by thesavageintruder »

I was a bit concerned until reading these forums that i was the only one who liked this! Thought it was a tidy little movie, genuinely tense, well acted revenge-of-nature stuff. Some real good scares and a nice downbeat ending...and, for the record i liked both Adrift and Open Water too!
Savage

I enjoyed it

Post by Savage »

I say thumbs up in a 4 out of 5 sorta way

Good to see a film that uses suspense and tension to get us going not buckets of gore and a high body count (yawn). As Stephen King says- the monster behind the door at the top of the stairs is much scarier than the beast you can see at the top of the stairs.

Black Water was suspenseful, tense and had me going.

Also crocodiles can definately jump.
iam_dan
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by iam_dan »

certainly a well made film and some good acting especially from the crocodile....it just didnt grip me but certainly not a bad film
Grindhouse
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by Grindhouse »

i actually really liked black water, i thought it was well done and not too long at all and it had some excellent scares.
a great human vs nature story
unfortunatly it was the person in front of me that was so vocal about it being s**t,but that seemed a constant theme throughout the fest from him.
"Time To Nut Up Or Shut Up"
Reanimator
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by Reanimator »

This was worth watching but was a bit slow and it would have helped if there had been more croc action
Gungrave
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by Gungrave »

Tense and atmospheric but overlong. Annoying characters though....was on the side of the croc by the end.
The Power of THE RIFF compells me!
soulmining
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by soulmining »

It was okay, but the trouble was once they'd got stuck up a tree the movie had nowhere to go... preferred it to Open Water though.

And, as a few people mentioned over the weekend, just where did that oar come from?
First things first, stay calm.
scrobble
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by scrobble »

I thought they did a good job keeping the tension up, and was head and shoulders above Adrift for me (I hated all the characters in Adrift so couldn't wait for them to die, and there was no monster/scary thing other than the sea - it was their own stupidity that put them in the situation they were in).

But back to Black Water...good acting, kept my interest right through, which can be difficult with such a small cast. The only thing that annoyed me was the whole pregnant sister storyline...what was the point, other than to try and make it seem more emotional? To me, it made no difference at all, the story was already pretty tragic without the 'look at the happy couple who've got it made' bit added on.
streetrw
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by streetrw »

I rather liked it - it's probably a bit long for the material (maybe it would have been better if they'd had four people in the tree) but it's better than Adrift. There were a few nice moments when the croc showed signs of toying with its prey.