Hatchet - Live!

Shamble, like a zombie, down Memory Lane. The ghost of FF2007 awaits you.
VictorCrowley
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Hatchet - Live!

Post by VictorCrowley »

Was happy to see a nice turn out for this unique event: Adam and Alan record the dvd commentary for Hatchet. It seemed all involved had a good time...

So, did you? Was it what you expected?

Post by Guest »

I really enjoyed this event and think it would be an interesting permanent addition to the festival, doesn't hurt that Adam and Alan are both great people to listen to... Maybe next year we can watch the Spiral commentary being recorded??
Muffy St. John
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by Muffy St. John »

Oh, that was me :D
Jekyll
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by Jekyll »

Great start to the day and considering how much I enjoyed Hatchet last year the commentary was a blast.

A Spiral commentary next year would be great especially if we get 'both' directors to do it.
lupogirl
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by lupogirl »

Excellent stuff! Very informative and amusing. Interesting to hear about trouble with the film rating in America. Really heartwarming to hear someone so passionate about his film. The long hard journey in getting it onto the big screen. Such fun seeing the film again!

Yep bring him back for a Spiral commentary next year!!!!!!!
"We Who Walk Here Walk Alone"
lone star
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by lone star »

This was a great event and proved not only entertaining but also very informative. I'm glad that Hatchet will shortly be coming to DVD so I can revisit both the movie and the commentary again soon.

I'll third the Spiral commentary for next year, a truly impressive film.
live fast, die young and leave a good looking corpse
iam_dan
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by iam_dan »

unusual way to start the day trying to watch a film and listen at the same time but great fun listening to people passionate about their film and the obvious pleasure they get from talking about it
Grindhouse
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by Grindhouse »

i missed a few minutes of this but it was great with the commentary will but the dvd when its out.
"Time To Nut Up Or Shut Up"
Reanimator
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by Reanimator »

This was much better and enjoyable than I thought it would be and a nice addition to the weekend - would definitely be keen to see more of these in future years
Gungrave
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by Gungrave »

i need a new alarm clock
The Power of THE RIFF compells me!
xLeft For Deadx
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by xLeft For Deadx »

One of the highlights of the weekend for me. I hadn't seen hatchet before, but it didn't matter. I don't think that the film will be ruined at all by having seen it with the commentary first, and can't wait to catch it when it finally comes out.
soulmining
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by soulmining »

I wasn't too sure whether this would be a good idea or not initially... but happily it worked a treat, and Adam and Alan gave us a very informative and amusing commentary.
First things first, stay calm.
VictorCrowley
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by VictorCrowley »

As soon as Paul mentioned this as a flash of inspiration during a meeting, I immediately thought it would great. So glad the general concensus is it was a success; so much so that there are now requests for a Spiral commentary! As I said before the festival, it's not something the average person is ever going to be part of - we're so happy to have opened up another part of film/film promotion to you guys.

I do wonder though... did Jonbly watch? Come out, come out, where ever you are Jonbly!
scrobble
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by scrobble »

Anonymous wrote:I really enjoyed this event and think it would be an interesting permanent addition to the festival, doesn't hurt that Adam and Alan are both great people to listen to... Maybe next year we can watch the Spiral commentary being recorded??
I agree with making it a permanent addition to the festival, it was a good way to start the Friday off as well. Not sure about watching the Spiral commentary being recorded - Spiral was such a dark and intense film and my personal feeling is that it's the sort of film that would be best without a commentary over it - much less one live in front of an audience. The Hatchet commentary was so good because the film is fun-entertaining rather than one which leaves you emotionally drained (in a good way).

I would love to hear Adam again, he's such an entertaining guy and really inspiring - his Dee Snyder story after 'Spiral' inspired me to take a good hard look at my life and take more risks to do what I love, rather than stagnating in a boring job just because it's stable employment. The change might not happen overnight, but for the first time in a long time I've felt that there's more to life and that I'm not living it properly. Apologies if that sounds corny.

Adam - you should be a motivational speaker!
jonbly
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by jonbly »

VictorCrowley wrote:I do wonder though... did Jonbly watch? Come out, come out, where ever you are Jonbly!
Nope. jonbly was in Camden buying a zombie costume...