Black

Relive the horror of Frightfest 2009
The Aylmer
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by The Aylmer »

sherbetbizarre wrote:From the newsletter:
As for BLACK in the main auditorium, don’t get us started on the problems we had with that!
Well, whatever happened... it was worth it... for me anyway!
Yeah. Someone up there's obviously got it in for me. I stick around for the late night screenings of Macabre and Vampire Girl Vs. Frankenstein Girl while you grab the last train home. Then you stick around for Black while I decide to have an early night. Why do I feel like I was the one losing out here? I dunno. Only film of the festival that I missed and it's supposedly a good 'un. I woz robbed.
The Soapmaker
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by The Soapmaker »

The Aylmer wrote:Only film of the festival that I missed and it's supposedly a good 'un. I woz robbed.
You must have missed the Discovery Screen films as well, though, presumably?
AndyJWS
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by AndyJWS »

Surprisingly conventional, though well shot so looked good on the big screen. Not a bad film, though personally would have preferred something a bit more bonkers, especially with that kind of length and starting that late!
"There is no Good, there is no Evil... There is only flesh..."
DavieT
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by DavieT »

Does anyone know when this is out on DVD?

I was seriously flagging on Sunday and didnt stay for this one - especially given it was going to start later due to the Thriller addition. From the comments here it sounds worth a watch.
The Aylmer
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by The Aylmer »

The Soapmaker wrote:
The Aylmer wrote:Only film of the festival that I missed and it's supposedly a good 'un. I woz robbed.
You must have missed the Discovery Screen films as well, though, presumably?
Oh indeedy. I think it's great that Alan and co. decided to give us the extra choice and I'm certainly not going to moan about having another screen competing with the main one and supposedly breaking up the community spirit of the whole thing (as some have). But... once I'd thought about it and where my preferences lay, I decided I was going to encamp myself in the main screen for the duration of Frightfest. I knew people who were making occasional trips into screen 4 anyway so I soon got told if I'd missed out on something good or not. But as I say, screen one was the place for me. And once I'd chosen that course of action then I'd inevitably settled on the films I intended to see. So in my eyes I only missed out on one film (although obviously there were another 9 on at screen 4). That's not bad for me. Most Frightfests I seem to miss out on a good 2 or 3 movies (often the late night ones or early screenings of the day) due to tiredness after the nightbus journey home and the quick turnaround to the next day... 4 hours sleep each night seemed to be the norm this year! In fact I impressed myself by only giving in and dropping off just the once during Case 39 on the last day. Everything else, the good, the bad, and Giallo, kept me wide awake. If I'd realised just how bad Zombie Women of Satan was going to be though I'd have stuck around for Black and had a lay-in on Monday morning instead! :wink:
The Soapmaker
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by The Soapmaker »

The Aylmer wrote:I think it's great that Alan and co. decided to give us the extra choice and I'm certainly not going to moan about having another screen competing with the main one and supposedly breaking up the community spirit of the whole thing (as some have).
That'd be me! :lol: :lol:

But like you, I stuck with the main screen. I can't say that having an element of choice is a bad thing (and you can't stop progress).... but I was sorry to miss out on 9 films on the disco screen.
Jim Fear
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by Jim Fear »

Decided to give this one a miss due to the late running of the Thriller footage. After reading the other comments I'm beginning to think I may have made the right decision, but still have every intention of catching up with it on DVD (if it ever sees the light of day)
The Aylmer
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by The Aylmer »

The Soapmaker wrote:
The Aylmer wrote:I think it's great that Alan and co. decided to give us the extra choice and I'm certainly not going to moan about having another screen competing with the main one and supposedly breaking up the community spirit of the whole thing (as some have).
That'd be me! :lol: :lol:

But like you, I stuck with the main screen. I can't say that having an element of choice is a bad thing (and you can't stop progress).... but I was sorry to miss out on 9 films on the disco screen.
LOL! I wasn't having a dig or nothing. I can see the argument for the additional screen diluting the shared Frightfest experience but, hey, if some people like the idea then it's a good thing overall. Like you I'd have loved to have seen everything on both screens, but that would have been physically impossible obviously. So I followed my heart and that told me screen 1 was where I really ought to spend my time, with the majority. That said, I do think Zombie Women of Satan would have been more suited to screen 4 with possibly I Sell The Dead taking its place on the main screen. In fact Zombie Women of Satan might have been better off in another cinema altogether. Possibly in Tasmania.
zappa fan
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Re: Black

Post by zappa fan »

currently on plex
LAST FILM- Turistas 2006
"It's always funny until someone gets hurt. Then it's just hilarious." - Bill Hicks

twitter @nottsey
Letterboxd nottsey
Instagram nottsey