Carrie musical

A forum for news and stuff concerning events of interest
Critter Egg
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Carrie musical

Post by Critter Egg »

Southwark Playhouse in London are currently running a musical of Stephen King's Carrie. The screenplay is closer to the 1976 film with added songs rather than the remake (thankfully), with a few modern updates. The musical first ran in the states back in 1988 but flopped, this is the first time it has been staged in London. My man and I went yesterday and really enjoyed it, the cast are all good and for a small theatre the staging is pretty good too.

Runs until 30th May 2015 http://southwarkplayhouse.co.uk/the-large/carrie/. Seats are unreserved so arrive early for a seat with a decent view.
"What's that you've got on your feet there?""Good Guy PJ Sneakers!"
PaulB
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Re: Carrie musical

Post by PaulB »

After wishing I'd seen the original version after reading about it in Samhain in 1988, I finally got to see this yesterday and loved it. The cast were superb especially Evelyn Hoskins as Carrie and Kim Criswell as her mother. I was impressed with the special effects for such a small, intimate venue. Highly recommended.
greenzombidog
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Re: Carrie musical

Post by greenzombidog »

I also went to see this. I really enjoyed it aswell. If anyone's thinking of going to see it I recommend it.
In the dark womb we ate hot slime