Panic Button

Pick at the bones of 2011's films
jonbly
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Panic Button

Post by jonbly »

3/10 - Got bored part way through this - didn't really care about any of the people on the plane, and that's always death for this kind of movie.
Meanbobs
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Re: Panic Button

Post by Meanbobs »

I returned my ticket to My Sucky Teen Romance after hearing that this was a 'pick of the fest' by credible sources. I thought it was abysmal, despite the actors trying their best. Very disappointing.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk
xBIGJOEx
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by xBIGJOEx »

i thought i was OK well acted and written but the premis wasa bit flimsy and non of teh characters were very sympathetic - i wasnt rooting for any of them to stay alive

not awful, not great

6/10
You're scared of mice and spiders, but oh-so-much greater is your fear that one day the two species will cross-breed to form an all-powerful race of mice-spiders, who will immobilize human beings in giant webs in order to steal cheese.
Pumpkin
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by Pumpkin »

I quite enjoyed the first half an hour or so while the emphasis was still about how we share information online, and then it all got a bit too silly :)
saggs
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by saggs »

only 2 films i really didn't like at all at fright fest this and theatre bizzare, felt like saw 8 but with even worse acting and awful settings alligator face........ seriously

I don't know why but just something about this really wound me up.
TheDukeAbides
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by TheDukeAbides »

Agree with all.

It was a good 'one stage' film, well enough acted, but I felt the idea of what was shared onlie could have been exploited a bit more.

And when the guy said 'Lucy, Luuuuuuu-Seeeee' I found myself emitting a chuckle.
Maniacal
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by Maniacal »

The ideas for this film where brilliant but where executed poorly, great soundtrack though.

Twitter: _grimgringhost
Facebook: Maniacal2011
The Soapmaker
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by The Soapmaker »

Reminded me of Exam - reasonable concept, but (as has been said) badly executed.

It was quite effective in the early part, where they were revealing the little lies the characters had told about themselves and the embarrassing things they'd done online - not nice to think about people prying into your business like that. After that it just got silly.
Reanimator
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by Reanimator »

I really enjoyed this - nice idea and well done especially given the low budget
Alex J
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by Alex J »

A bit like Saw and Choose with a heavy dose of internet scare stories thrown in - a cautionary tale for our times even if the set-up seemed implausible. Some of the acting wasn't great either. However, there were some deliciously dark reveals of the characters' secrets. 6.5 / 10
No tears, please. It's a waste of good suffering.
lupogirl
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by lupogirl »

Liked the setting on plane and interesting story. At times had tension and was ploddy. Each character turned out to have a side to them. Ending with me not rooting for them and wanting them crash.
"We Who Walk Here Walk Alone"
leathercamp
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by leathercamp »

I didn't get it and had to leave. Whats wrong with looking at 'mondo' clips on the internet.. i thought that was common? Found the characters unlikeable and one dimensional and got annoyed that the airplane was obviously not flying... the dead still camera work and dead still glasses of champagne that seemed to frame every shot at the start did my head in. Then the shitty alligator motif which looked like the wortst play school graphics abd sub 'come dine with me' put downs this felt like very bad tv.
I heard it did get better so maybe i should have stayed.
streetrw
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by streetrw »

I thought it was okay. Not great - it's no Red Eye - but a good enough little thriller. Would have been better with some less despicable characters in it though.

http://streetrw.blogspot.com/2011/08/panic-button.html
http://streetrw.blogspot.com - For all your occasional film rambling needs.
http://twitter.com/streetrw - For when you really need to know what I had for breakfast.

AND NOW: SKYPE!
Satans Puppy
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by Satans Puppy »

I thought it was good, enjoyed the performances, enjoyed the moral message of beware what you post... also enjoyed the Q&A as the audience picked holes in the technology lol
[url=http://www.peopleofifrit.net/]Puppy's Blog! Yes Indeed... updated regularly[/url]

[b]Disclaimer:[/b] This post may contain... more than likely contains an idiotic comment, feel free to ignore and move on :D
daveroughcut
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Panic Button

Post by daveroughcut »

Is fucking shite too harsh? 'Cause it was fucking shite. Bloody advert for their website. Good luck taking on Facebook boys. No chance.