Hatchet III

London Frightfest 2013 has been and gone, this forum is available to post film reviews, chat, etc. from the festival.
Rob@Sky
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Hatchet III

Post by Rob@Sky »

Hatchet III on today.

Here's my twopenneth - http://www.electric-shadows.com/hatchet-iii/

Be interested to know what others think.

Cheers, Rob
Twitter: rob_a_daniel
Web: www.electric-shadows.com
Ta!
Wortsie
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Re: Hatchet III

Post by Wortsie »

My favourite film so far this year.
10/10.
AdeBrown
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by AdeBrown »

So glad I started with this one, top entertainment as ever.
Nice to see those cameos and continued in-jokes.

And *proper* SFX !
My livejournal Frightfest reports from days gone by (2004 to 2011)
http://surprisetruck.livejournal.com/tag/frightfest
Wolfshade
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by Wolfshade »

Exactly the same as the other two - a load of idiots go down to the swamp and we get to watch endless tedious cheesy scenes of Victor ripping off heads and pulling out intestines. Victor Crowley is still looking as crap and cheaply made as ever, really not going to go down as a horror icon.

Adam said there was interest in further sequals, but hopefully this is the end of this absymal series 2/10
Alex J
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by Alex J »

The conclusion (?) of the swamp slasher trilogy, which seemed to be lacking a little soul. Plenty of splatter and arterial spray, although some of the kills seemed indistinct or truncated. Adds little to the series, other than a few additional details and background. 6.5 / 10
No tears, please. It's a waste of good suffering.
The Soapmaker
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by The Soapmaker »

When Adam Green goes on about how he always planned three films, and this one wraps up the story, etc..... I don't really know what he's on about. Parts 2 and 3 don't seem to add anything at all to the first, they're just repetitive exercises in cheesy but reasonably entertaining splatter FX.

That said, I thought this one was a bit better than part 2 - maybe because Green stepped back from directing and concentrated on writing/producing, the plot wasn't any better but there were a couple of amusing self-referential lines of dialogue.
ChrisReynolds
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by ChrisReynolds »

I enjoyed the first two Hatchet films but I didn't like this one. The pacing seemed to be really off, with the film slowing to a crawl after the pre-credits sequence and Caroline Williams' reporter character gives a really boring and lengthy exposition of the latest arbitrary Hatchet "plot" - they have to get Victor Crowley's father's ashes and give them to him to break the curse. Anyway, things proceed as normal from there, with lots of cops going to the swamp to investigate and get gorily killed. This film doesn't do anything new with the Hatchet series, the humour is unfunny and it's filled with horror history cameos that took me out of the film. As usual the practical gore effects are very well done and suitably brutal.
3/10
streetrw
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by streetrw »

Liked it enough, it does precisely what you'd expect; it's better than Part 2 (which I think tried too hard to top Part 1) but doesn't match up to the original. A mad axeman spectacularly slaughters idiots in a swamp, and here's little point in analysing it more deeply than that.
http://streetrw.blogspot.com - For all your occasional film rambling needs.
http://twitter.com/streetrw - For when you really need to know what I had for breakfast.

AND NOW: SKYPE!
TheDukeAbides
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by TheDukeAbides »

Fun, disposable slasher frolics for the knowning in crowd.

Harmless and forgettable but a nice enough franchise.
zappa fan
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by zappa fan »

Currently on Plex
LAST FILM- Turistas 2006
"It's always funny until someone gets hurt. Then it's just hilarious." - Bill Hicks

twitter @nottsey
Letterboxd nottsey
Instagram nottsey