Stalled

London Frightfest 2013 has been and gone, this forum is available to post film reviews, chat, etc. from the festival.
FranksWildYears
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Stalled

Post by FranksWildYears »

I was a bit apprehensive about this as it's so common for the comedy horrors to fall flat (and you're stuck cringing at it for another hour) but thought it was terrific - inventive, pacey and some very funny bits too. Probably my favourite so far along with Painless.
Wulfster
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Re: Stalled

Post by Wulfster »

Totally agree.
Everybody I spoke to who saw it, put it in their personal top 5 films and loved it!
It was one of my favourite films of the weekend.
So it seems a bit strange that it's so far down in the (best film) poll and has had so few comments about it so far... :s

I guess that's the discovery screen effect more than anything else...
TheDukeAbides
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by TheDukeAbides »

This sold out its public ticket allocation for both showings (I think a 3rd was added) and it was the only one I really wanted to see.

Saw the first showing on the Friday and it was a blast - good Q&A too to a full house.

My only faults are the small nods at pathos and morals, which were a bit mawkish and slowed the film down, but didn't last too long.

On my "to buy" list without a doubt - I did try and recommend it to anyone who would listen, but its repeats were up against the closing films.
mightysparks
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by mightysparks »

I can't express how badly I wanted to see this and I refused to miss out on a ticket - so after 3 hours sleep on Friday and 2.5 hours of lining up in the rain, I got one :P . Anyway, it definitely lived up to my expectations and made my top 5. Agree about the 'pathos and morals' thing, that was probably the weakest aspect. They used the toilet and zombies aspects as much as possible without forcing anything or just using it as a hook and leaving it, which I liked. I rarely buy films, but I already want to rewatch it, so I'm definitely going to buy this when it finally comes out.
zappa fan
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by zappa fan »

Available on Amazon Prime.
LAST FILM- Turistas 2006
"It's always funny until someone gets hurt. Then it's just hilarious." - Bill Hicks

twitter @nottsey
Letterboxd nottsey
Instagram nottsey