Bottom Five Films

London Frightfest 2013 has been and gone, this forum is available to post film reviews, chat, etc. from the festival.
DJBenz
-----
-----

Re: Bottom Five Films

Post by DJBenz »

I only saw stuff in the main screen, so as follows:

The Dead 2: India
100 Bloody Acres
Hammer of the Gods
I Spit on Your Grave 2
Dementamania
Donut
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by Donut »

The Dead 2
Dark Tourist
Haunter
The Conspiracy

Only four i really didnt like.
Atari
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by Atari »

Dementamania was by far the worst film I saw during the festival. I must say that this year I saw a lot of so so films compared to other years where I've seen a handful of terrible films. Top five worst are

1. Dementamania
2. 100 Bloody acres
3. Dark touch
4. Frankenstein's army
5. Dark tourist

I think if I'd see. Dark tourist at a different time I may have enjoyed it but I just wasn't into it. That said I always dread the film that Alan says is his favourite of the festival, sorry Alan.
ChrisReynolds
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by ChrisReynolds »

From least to most hated:

5. Dark Touch Big disappointment for me. Some neat underlying ideas, but too badly written and acted to work properly. 3/10
4. Hatchet III Worst of the three Hatchets. Badly paced and I didn't find any of the humour funny, but the gory deaths were good. 3/10
3. In Fear People driving around dark roads for ages, with too little threat or horror and filled with things that don't make sense. The camerawork and acting was good though. 3/10
2. The Demon's Rook Mostly awful, the demon costumes and gore were the only good things about it. 3/10
1. Hammer of the Gods Awful macho rubbish that had very little I liked about it and was astonishingly boring. 2/10

Caveat: I didn't see I Spit 2 or Banshee Chapter because they looked awful.
Charlie
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by Charlie »

1. Hammer of the Gods
2. Dark Tourist
3. The Conspiracy Theory
4. The Banshee Chapter
5. Demenantia
The180Curse
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by The180Curse »

1. Daylight - Almost unwatchable. The less said about this one the better. Just useless.
2. Hammer of the Gods - As expected, complete trash. Only spared by some good scenery and cinematography.
3. I Spit on Your Grave 2 - Terrible cash in with an abysmal script. Guiltily watchable though.
4. Dark Tourist - Dull, boring, pretentious nonsense.
5. No One Lives - I'll give this one another chance, but I really got sleepy during this one and only sprang back into consciousness due to some of the elaborate kills.
kickasschewgum
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by kickasschewgum »

In such a strong year, I feel bad about nominating at least half of these as they would normally not feature on a bottom 5 of FrightFest list any other year but...

1. Hammer Of The Gods - The undisputed champion - really awful
2. Dark Tourist - not awful, just dull and nowhere near as clever as it thinks it is
3. Wither - not bad, just a bit too amateur in the acting department for me
4. I Spit On Your Grave 2- not bad, just a bit pointless
5. Antisocial - some nice ideas but a bit too 'rinse and repeat' for me
Meanbobs
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by Meanbobs »

I saw nothing truly awful, atrocious, or downright disrespectful to the audience this year...which is a bit of a shame.

However, Dementamania and The Dead 2 were pretty poor. Sadik 2 was turning into a nice little film, but they just gave up at the end, which undid all of the positive effort of the first hour or so. I dipped in and out of sleep during Cannon Fodder, but what I saw was bad. I suppose I'll have to confirm this at some point.
BabyJaneHudson
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by BabyJaneHudson »

HAMMER OF THE GODS (Why was it shown at FF ? Not remotely horror and not very good) :s

THE LAST DAYS (Mass fear of going outside with onset of ear bleeds lol - You'd be laughed out of the board room doing a pitch for this film surely) :lol:

HATCHET III (Was a shame as I really liked I and II, but this was poor - know when to stop. Nice to see the woman from Chainsaw Massacre 2 though - love that movie) :(

CURSE OF CHUCKY (Again know when to stop. Makes me appreciate how good the first one still is. He didn't swear enough in my opinion and his face was much better in the first movie) :(

THE CONSPIRACY (This movie sucks on so many levels and Im giving this one special attention because it peed me off so badly. :x )

1. This was a propaganda movie pure and simple. The whole point of it was to discredit people who are actually awake to a lot of bulls**t that is going on in this world which lots of people are aware of thanks to great websites like INFOWARS.COM. Check it out for some real horror. Every so called conspiracy mentioned in that movie has been proven with evidence so compelling they cannot be classed as theories - they are fact, 9/11 etc...Funny how they did not include the live news footage of the second tower still standing while the BBC reporter announces that it has fallen - ooops :-

2. The film starts taking the piss out of (and here is the cliche) the fat guy who is a 'conspiracy nut' who has wallpapered his apartment with paper cuttings (please, give me a break). Then one of the piss taking guys is portrayed as becoming a nut because he sees a pattern related to the Tarsus Club.

3. So, they go looking for the fat man who is portrayed as the loser only to forget about looking for him. Then they decide to go to a Tarsus meeting. Not only do they go in they line up for the ritual LMFAO. Like f**k would anyone do that.

4. The guy who gets butchered obviously disappears, but at the end his so called mate who actually sells him out says that it was only a joke (with friends like that who needs...) and he is probably with the other conspiracy guy somewhere slightly pissed off but safe - yeah right !

5. Earlier in the movie and several times a woman comes on talking about paranoia and multiple personality disorder and tries to brainwash the audience into thinking that everyone who could be classed as a conspiracy theorist which is anyone who has a mind of their own and does not believe the mainstream media is a total nut job and mentally ill.

5. Then a NWO scum bag gets the last word at the end portraying a one world government as good because its about uniting nations and all of its people...REALLY...NAH you forgot the bit about the fact that you are eugenicists and believe in mass population reduction of all inferior races and whites who are not considered worthy (non elites), leaving the rest of the population as slaves.

6.Then I have to listen to the guy on stage continually trying to reinforce a negative message using repeatedly derogatory language to again portray a group of people as weirdo freaks, I could hear it in his voice that he knew he was being deceptive. "This weird world of conspiracy with its obsessional paranoia" etc.. He doesn't even pretend not to be biased.

7. He also while on stage says "What's the big deal with a few Elites having some fun in the woods at a meeting....." Ok, in his own film he suggests that a child is being molested is some way. When the guy that dies says he is going to the bog and tries to run away, he opens a door to a room only to see the same guy he was talking to earlier and you hear the sound very very briefly of a child in distress" That is put into the film so you register that a child is being hurt, but so briefly that most people won't even clock it, but it is placed in your subconscious mind because you still heard it. It is a ploy used in television and advertising and all kinds of brainwashing to get people to accept links between certain things, in this case Secret Meetings --> Child Molestation/Paedophillia and making this link accepted. DISGUSTING :evil:

8. I don't watch terrestrial TV because its mostly shite and all media (radio, television, newspapers etc.) other than independents are controlled as they are owned by the very same people that this film is trying to protect. HBO hell yeah and all the channels that put on great series like Game of Thrones, American Horror Story and other interesting documentaries and programs sure - I catch them on the net after they have been broadcast. Loads of Hollywood movies attempt to use propaganda in movies but I can still enjoy them if they are entertaining. I can separate from my intellect and bulls**t detector in order to have fun. Never thought I would be subjected to this crass type of brainwashing at FrightFest though which I hold sacred from that kind of s**t.

JUST BECAUSE I LIKE HORROR MOVIES DOES NOT MAKE ME A BRAINLESS F**KTARD - I KNOW PROPAGANDA WHEN I SEE IT

IF YOU WANT TO PROTECT NWO SCUM WHO ARE WELL KNOWN TO BE INVOLVED IN PAEDOPHILLIA ON A WORLD WIDE SCALE AND THE CAUSE OF SO MUCH SUFFERING AND WORLD TURMOIL - DON"T INSULT MY INTELLIGENCE AND DEFINITELY DON"T DO IT AT FRIGHTFEST :- :- :-
Last edited by BabyJaneHudson on Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
BLANCHE: You wouldn't be able to do these awful things to me if I weren't still in this chair!

BABYJANE: BUT YOU ARE BLANCHE! YOU ARE IN THAT CHAIR!
streetrw
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by streetrw »

My three worst were:

1. DARK TOURIST
2. THE PARANORMAL DIARIES: CLOPHILL
3. HAMMER OF THE GODS
http://streetrw.blogspot.com - For all your occasional film rambling needs.
http://twitter.com/streetrw - For when you really need to know what I had for breakfast.

AND NOW: SKYPE!
sherbetbizarre
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by sherbetbizarre »

BabyJaneHudson wrote:THE CONSPIRACY (This movie sucks on so many levels and Im giving this one special attention because it peed me off so badly. :x )

1. This was a propaganda movie pure and simple. The whole point of it was to discredit people who are actually awake to a lot of bulls**t that is going on in this world which lots of people are aware of thanks to great websites like INFOWARS.COM. Check it out for some real horror. Every so called conspiracy mentioned in that movie has been proven with evidence so compelling they cannot be classed as theories - they are fact, 9/11 etc...Funny how they did not include the live news footage of the second tower still standing while the BBC reporter announces that it has fallen - ooops :-
I have replied to this here:

http://www.frightfest.co.uk/forum/viewt ... 912#p59912
fish head
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by fish head »

1: Big Bad Wolves
2: Hatchet III
3: Odd Thomas
4: RIPD
5: You're Next.

Honorable mentions for The Missionary, No One Lives and Dementamania.
wvmarriott
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Worst movies this time round (2013)

Post by wvmarriott »

In day order:-

Dementamania
Haunter
VHS 2
The Conspiracy
I Spit On Your Grave 2
Banshee Chapter (why the hell was this in 3D?)

Rest were watchable or I missed them.
Overall - good selection and the time didn't drag like the last few years.
Lou_Roll
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by Lou_Roll »

Mine were the following:

Dementamania (Couldn't stand this & the casting was terrible in places.)
Odd Thomas (It was so in love with itself and too try hard. Just all round urgh for me.)
The Missionary
The Hypnotist
Paranormal Diaries Clophill
MI5 messed with my salad.
Twitter: Lou_Roll
Pork Chop Express
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by Pork Chop Express »

1: The Dead 2. Amateurishly made, terrible performances and script. Awful, non threatening zombies and full of cliches. The worst opening film I've seen at Fright Fest so far.

2: Dark Touch. Every part of this film was terrible. Why was she not put in care and given to the neighbours to look after? The social worker was the worst actress for the whole of Fright Fest. Nonsensical, Self important and ineptly made.

3: Haunter. Stupid, annoying, bad performances (Abigail Breslin pulls weird faces all the way through for some reason) awful CGI and thoroughly boring.

4: Banshee Chapter. Jump scares to get a cheap reaction, awful ending to trick viewers into thinking the film had a heart, bad script, bad performances, pointless 3D. It was only saved from being unwatchable by Ted Levine.

5. Hatchet 3. Humourless, pointless, Caroline Williams is truly awful, please, please no more.