Painless

London Frightfest 2013 has been and gone, this forum is available to post film reviews, chat, etc. from the festival.
Alex J
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Painless

Post by Alex J »

One of the highlights of the fest. An excellent and very well told story spanning the decades and set against the backdrop of Spanish history over the last century. Although the story starts with children who feel no pain, this is no mindless gorefest, but an intelligent and emotional movie - this year's "Pan's Labyrinth". 9 / 10
No tears, please. It's a waste of good suffering.
BabyJaneHudson
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Re: Painless

Post by BabyJaneHudson »

I wanted to see this sooooo much. Im going to have to hunt it down and watch it. I was really interested in the story line. Im glad people really enjoyed it. :)
BLANCHE: You wouldn't be able to do these awful things to me if I weren't still in this chair!

BABYJANE: BUT YOU ARE BLANCHE! YOU ARE IN THAT CHAIR!
leytonrocks
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by leytonrocks »

My frightfest favourite... really evoked a nations guilt about the decades they brutalised the population to maintain fascism
TheDukeAbides
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by TheDukeAbides »

Forgot I saw this one. Not that it is a forgettable film by any stretch.

Nice film, fairly grim tone throughout, well acted and well paced.
m_bain86
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by m_bain86 »

We saw this first time round when there were issues with the print. Didn't find it that distracting once I'd sort of trained my eyes to it, though.

Really loved it, thought everything married together neatly and thought some of the performances were exceptional.