666 Short Cuts To Hell - The Finalists

London Frightfest 2013 has been and gone, this forum is available to post film reviews, chat, etc. from the festival.
TheDukeAbides
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

666 Short Cuts To Hell - The Finalists

Post by TheDukeAbides »

This isn't going to be about the shorts that were shown, they should be in a separate thread(s).

First off, I thought it a bit daft that we didn't know which film maker had done which film.

Hence when the winner was announced (apologies as I forgot her name) there was calls of "which one" and when Ian confirmed the film the applause went up again as it seemed there was a consensus amongst the audience.

I do wonder how many films out of the 157 submitted were called '6 feet under'.

Those 2 were the best, the mortuary one and the pop video one.

Wasn't too keen on the first one (WTF) and the second one with the tentacle, so it makes me wonder what the non-finalists were like, but seeing as 26 are apparently being released on DVD we can soon see.
sherbetbizarre
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Re: 666 Short Cuts To Hell - The Finalists

Post by sherbetbizarre »

TheDukeAbides wrote:I do wonder how many films out of the 157 submitted were called '6 feet under'.
I seem to remember the titles were ready-made, and the film-makers had to choose one (out of 6 I guess) so this just added to the confusion. Maybe next time the rules should state the directors name needs to appear under the title.
Wasn't too keen on the first one (WTF)
I wasn't the only one who thought I was watching an intro video to the competition, and not one of the actual films (I twigged about 2 minutes into it) :|
BabyJaneHudson
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by BabyJaneHudson »

TheDukeAbides wrote: First off, I thought it a bit daft that we didn't know which film maker had done which film.

Hence when the winner was announced (apologies as I forgot her name) there was calls of "which one" and when Ian confirmed the film the applause went up again as it seemed there was a consensus amongst the audience.

Those 2 were the best, the mortuary one and the pop video one.

Wasn't too keen on the first one (WTF) and the second one with the tentacle, so it makes me wonder what the non-finalists were like, but seeing as 26 are apparently being released on DVD we can soon see.

I agree, I was thinking what flipping film won the prize??? Glad Six Feet Under won it - it deserved to win. I liked the mortuary one too, that was well made and the ending was cool. Both very different but enjoyable.

The one that ended with the tentacle - I also had a WTF moment with that one.
BLANCHE: You wouldn't be able to do these awful things to me if I weren't still in this chair!

BABYJANE: BUT YOU ARE BLANCHE! YOU ARE IN THAT CHAIR!
Meanbobs
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by Meanbobs »

The Mortuary one won. Didn't it?
DJBenz
-----
-----

Post by DJBenz »

TheDukeAbides wrote:Wasn't too keen on the first one (WTF) and the second one with the tentacle, so it makes me wonder what the non-finalists were like, but seeing as 26 are apparently being released on DVD we can soon see.
It's only being released on VOD through iTunes and Blink box at the moment. Depending on its success a physical release will be considered.
wvmarriott
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by wvmarriott »

If these were the 6 best of all submitted, I can't imagine how bad the others were.

Winning entry was terrible!!!!