Resolving ticketing issues

Taking place over the Bank Holiday weekend, 21st - 25th August 2014
iomega
Frightfest Organiser
Frightfest Organiser

Resolving ticketing issues

Post by iomega »

For those of you who still have unresolved issues about your ticket transactions from the weekend, VUE have given me the email address below for you to get in contact. I've been advise to ask you to use the email address as opposed to calling. Your emails will be logged and if you add in your telephone number somebody will call you back if required. Be patient, it may take a couple of hours, but someone WILL call you back and you can then resolve the issues that you have had.

customerservices@vuemail.com
iomega
Frightfest Organiser
Frightfest Organiser

Re: Resolving ticketing issues

Post by iomega »

If you have any issues with your tickets or other issues you feel you need to resolve with the ticket buying process, please contact customerservices@vuemail.com. I would encourage people to email and not waste money calling the call centre for complaints. Even if its just to supply contact details so Vue's staff can call them back and save the bill.

All you have to do is put FrightFest in your subject line or anywhere in the email and it will be picked up and will be actioned.

We are beginning to get to the bottom of what went wrong over the weekend and we will have more solid news for you all later today.

Ian
iomega
Frightfest Organiser
Frightfest Organiser

Post by iomega »

Here is the latest information on how to get your hands on the remaining festival and day passes. Please read this carefully because it's different from what's been previously posted.

After a great deal of discussion with Vue and between the four of us internally, we have decided not use online ticketing for the time being. The bugs and the issues that caused the problems over the weekend have still not been ironed out properly, so we don't want to bring another bundle of hurt down on everybody this morning. We are only going to use the Vue call centre where they have set up a dedicated number 0345 308 4620 and brought in extra staff. Booking fees have also been dropped for today and the credit card limit has been raised. While we're expecting quite a few calls to put it mildly, you should not be held waiting on the line from more than a couple of minutes if at all.

So from noon call 0345 308 4620. Thanks for your patience over the last few days. Hopefully, we're past the worst of it and it will be plain sailing from now on.

Ian.
iomega
Frightfest Organiser
Frightfest Organiser

Post by iomega »

Just to keep everyone up-to-date - the dedicated ticket line is now closed. This was specially put on yesterday to ease the ticket buying process after the issues of the past weekend. Tickets are still available, but through the normal Vue call centre number - 08712 240 240. Online booking is still suspended for the mean time. Will advise when this reopens.
iomega
Frightfest Organiser
Frightfest Organiser

Post by iomega »

There are still issues with the online booking. While working better now, a few film are not available yet. Working on that at the moment.

If you are having issues use the call centre. Call 08712 240 240. When prompted say Vue West End. You will then be asked if you are looking for FrightFest tickets. Follow the instructions and you will be put through to an operator who can help you. Just did this myself and bought a ticket. Worked perfectly. Also, if you can go to the cinema tickets are available there.
MrsBBC
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by MrsBBC »

Anyone,

I emailed Vue to ask for a seating plan for screen 5, their stock response was basically a no, there isn't one, and no assistance either, like.... start and end numbers, left right, aisles, nothing; lazy customer service.
Can anyone tell me if seat 31 is on the end. And if it has a side aisle, or a wall.

I am trying to decide whether or not to help someone out so that he can sit with his partner.
But I do not particularly want to attend on my own, against a wall, with a large (ish) rucksack and cycle helmet.

I have called the Vue twice re frightfest seating concerns,
1) Guess booking the incorrect seat online because the seats weren't numbered (the lady on the phone also had to keep guessing as she changed my ticket for me)
2) Purchasing my original pass and being told that they didnt know my screen or seat...

I don't hold out much hope for when I call them again.

Many thanks guys,
Nic
DJBenz
-----
-----

Post by DJBenz »

Best I can do is this map that Richard Street posted here: http://www.frightfest.co.uk/forum/viewt ... 506#p60506

Doesn't give seat numbers but at least you can see the aisle layouts.
sherbetbizarre
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by sherbetbizarre »

Well they DID have a seating plan for Screen 5...

http://www.frightfest.co.uk/forum/viewt ... 240#p61035
MrsBBC
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by MrsBBC »

Thanks guys, you're a ton better than customer services.

It's a shame that neither of their plans have seat numbers. This is what caused the problem when I booked a Discovery screening seat online. I counted the seats in both directions, which left me with one viable option for putting me next to my partner.... which ended up being wrong.
They kindly exchanged by ticket over the phone, so I asked the lady if the numbering continued in to the aisles.
She wasn't sure at first, but eventually said no, the numbering is normal, seats only. But said that they numbered from R of the screen to L when facing the screen.

The guy has a ticket for seat 31, in a row with 29 seats. So... presumably the numbering does continue in to the aisles.
And it does look as though there is a gap, and not a wall.
Which is encouraging.

Curse you VUE
Thank you Frightfesters

Nic
scarebear
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by scarebear »

Hi

Just a quick Question, hope its in the right place!. For the first time this year i have purchased a day pass for Sunday in Screen 7.

I booked the ticket on the phone from the Vue and when i went to collect the ticket, all i got was a piece of paper with the Date, Time, Screen no and seat. I have read a lot of topics about Physical passes and i just wanted to know if what i had been given by the Vue was correct or do i have to collect anything else?

Hope someone can help me.
DJBenz
-----
-----

Post by DJBenz »

scarebear wrote:Hi

Just a quick Question, hope its in the right place!. For the first time this year i have purchased a day pass for Sunday in Screen 7.

I booked the ticket on the phone from the Vue and when i went to collect the ticket, all i got was a piece of paper with the Date, Time, Screen no and seat. I have read a lot of topics about Physical passes and i just wanted to know if what i had been given by the Vue was correct or do i have to collect anything else?

You'll need an allocated seat number, otherwise how do you know where to sit?
scarebear
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by scarebear »

DJBenz wrote:
scarebear wrote:Hi

You'll need an allocated seat number, otherwise how do you know where to sit?
I do have an allocated seat number on the ticket, so i guess its ok then?
sherbetbizarre
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by sherbetbizarre »

Lol, I read it has having no seat number too. :)

Does your ticket have a barcode?
scarebear
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by scarebear »

Yep. There is a barcode. I decided to phone the Vue last night and check this out and they told me that the ticket that has come from the machine IS a day pass. So i think my problem is solved.

Phew - now i can look forward to Sunday and the only scares i get should be in the films themselves!