Duke @ Frightfest - Coherence & Film Party

Taking place over the Bank Holiday weekend, 21st - 25th August 2014
EvrimErsoy
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Duke @ Frightfest - Coherence & Film Party

Post by EvrimErsoy »

Hi everyone;

Evrim here from The Duke Mitchell film Club - I have been meaning to do this a while but finally got round to it now - here's a brief summary of the two slots in order to hopefully convince you to consider it if not attend!

COHERENCE -

Rather than waffle what I've done is collected some quotes from reviews below - let them guide you:

Coherence is a gentle film, but you walk away from it with your brain on fire. New York Magazine/Vulture

The conceit is alluringly mind-bending without ever seeming off-puttingly brainy. Los Angeles Times

James Ward Byrkit rocks the metaphysical world with his mind-bending look at duality as told like a campfire horror story. Film Threat

Chilling, visceral, and yet cerebral in both execution and scope, it needs only its scathingly intelligent writing, incisive grasp of human nature... Killer Movie Review

If Rod Serling had hired Robert Altman to direct a "Twilight Zone" episode, it might have turned out something like this. Oregonian

THE PARTY -

Now the party is a little more difficult to define - what is it? Well if you've ever looked at some other genre festivals across the pond and thought why can't we do irreverent, chaotic, talk-show like but at the same time as interactive as possible shows they do throughout - wonder no more - here it is!

There WILL be guests (Film4 Frightfest regulars and this year's roster), they WILL be bringing new and exclusive clips , there WILL be giveaways, there WILL be weird clips and adverts, there WILL be chatting and laughter - but most importantly there WILL be something different for those who want to just hang out and encounter a variety of unexpected things on the screen - tune in, turn on and make sure you enjoy the show!

I hope to see you there.

Evrim
morralex
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Re: Duke @ Frightfest - Coherence & Film Party

Post by morralex »

Very much looking forward to coherence, provided i can get a ticket! :o
sherbetbizarre
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by sherbetbizarre »

Yep, sounds one of the more interesting films of the weekend...

‘Coherence': The Best Sci-Fi Movie of 2014 That You Haven’t Seen

http://grantland.com/hollywood-prospect ... vent-seen/
leytonrocks
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by leytonrocks »

got my tickets ;)
TheDukeAbides
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by TheDukeAbides »

Finding an hour and a half to kill before 'Life Before Beth' started, it was rainy, so not up for wandering to a pub or for more food and thought I'd chance my arm and wander into Screen 8 without a ticket.

Stood at the top of the steps like a lemon when Steve Oram (who'd been spotted in the Phoenix the night before) walked in to join a vast already seated amount of guests.

Then, as 10.30 approached the natural master of ceremonies Evrim took over, urging those standing to get a seat and to all move down the front and next to each other.

I sat. Waiting for the inevitable late rush of people who had finally gotten away from Adam Green's 'Digging Up the Marrow' Q&A and having to give up the seat I'd taken.

The screen filled steadily over time. John McNaughton turned up.

There were shots of whisky, prizes, Top Trumps, break dancing and these following clips...

Avastar - the greatest club in the world...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=REeg4LW14Sk

.357 Lover - Event Horizon....do not blame me if you can't get this out of your head...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ttVaQ-qnm98

And loads of other stuff.

I missed 'Life After Beth'

I didn't care - went on to the Phoenix. Had a great night.

It must be brought back every year.

Thanks to Evrim, Alex, Russ and anyone else involved...
jonbly
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by jonbly »

In 1984, the world is controlled by one power: The Apple
ChrisReynolds
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by ChrisReynolds »

Don't forget the amazing dance scenes from Night Train to Terror
It's time to Reanimate your feet
Garbord
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by Garbord »

Just wanted to say I thought this was an excellent addition to the programme.

So many interesting writers/directors/actors and more all in the same place showing oddities, shorts etc was a great way to round up the day.

Coherence was brilliant. The best way to get your moneysworth out of your shooting location that I've seen in a long time.

I'd gladly see this segment return next year!
Aliraza149
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by Aliraza149 »

Really enjoyed the film. Felt classic and somehow innocent, yet it had a clever story and twists. I really liked the Lovecaft style symbolism shown through architecture, symbolism (eye, book) and the general door/gate references. Agree, that the aging effect on the lead character was a bit distracting but liked her as an actress. You could tell that the sound designers like designing smashing door sounds and thumping sounds in general.
Our excellent online VCP550 - free dumps training programs will lead you to success in the HP2-E58 - testking - braindumps.com We also offer latest passguide and hsbc with 100% success guarantee. Our www.principiacollege.edu is rare in IT world