Turn off your bloody cigarettes!

Taking place over the Bank Holiday weekend, 21st - 25th August 2014
hingethunder
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Turn off your bloody cigarettes!

Post by hingethunder »

A new menace in the screens!

Someone in row B of the Film Four screen last night was puffing away at an electronic fag, which glowed green each time! Carried on through the titles of Sin City but then he/she seemed to stop, thankfully.
horrorfan13
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Re: Turn off your bloody cigarettes!

Post by horrorfan13 »

As an e-cig user and FF alumnus, I think good protocol is to hold the e-cig so the palm of one's hand covers the light. This way, everyone is happy. I have used my e-cig in cinemas including at FF for the last three years and it has never caused any problems. Apologies for this person's bad conduct.
jonbly
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by jonbly »

It's harder to obscure a light than you'd think.

Don't make Ian come for you!
Rob@Sky
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by Rob@Sky »

Wow, never seen anyone puffing before. Why does everything now have to have a light on it?
Twitter: rob_a_daniel
Web: www.electric-shadows.com
Ta!
DJBenz
-----
-----

Post by DJBenz »

This happened last year at the Empire, lady a couple of rows in front with a red one. Most distracting.

Thankfully this year I've got no-one nearby who's using one.
EvilAsh
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by EvilAsh »

Its happening a lot in the film4 screen. And its not the light issue, it smells too. You can't smoke real ones in the cinema so maybe leave the fake ones too. I smoke but can manage a film without it.

Its rude so stop.
TheDukeAbides
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by TheDukeAbides »

I don't smoke.

I never supported the smoking ban. Electronic cigs are the best thing to happen for all smokers and non-smokers who aren't affilated with big pharma, the World Health Organistaion, ASH or any other authoritarian, nannying group of nothin-better-to-do-busybodies.

But, like the clowns that can't survive less than 2 hours in a cinema without looking at a phone, if you can't survive without a hit of nicotine, additive drug or not, you really should get you head examined.
domdunc
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by domdunc »

there was a guy near me smoking one but he only did it between films that I saw so I was fine with it.
TheDukeAbides
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by TheDukeAbides »

domdunc wrote:there was a guy near me smoking one but he only did it between films that I saw so I was fine with it.
Oh, between movies is fine, not a problem at all.

But if I wanted to go somewhere dark with glowing lights and smoke I'd go to the Phoenix afterwards.
HeadOnAStick
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by HeadOnAStick »

I think that's the critical point. There doesn't need to be a special rule for e-cigs, they must just fit into the category of good manners. Once the lights go down we all bend every effort to be as unobtrusive as possible. We don't blame people for the occasional cough or sneeze, that's human biology, but lights must be covered and there's no actual reason for an e-cig to have a visible glow. I'm not familiar with the technology, but presumably it's possible to choose flavours that don't smell as well?