The Harvest

Taking place over the Bank Holiday weekend, 21st - 25th August 2014
The Aylmer
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Re: The Harvest

Post by The Aylmer »

This was my favourite film from Saturday. When we got to finally going down into the basement my first thought was "hold on, which one of them is Andy then?!?!" although it didn't really matter if you picked up on the twist or not as the real horror was what the parents were trying to get away in the first place. Thought Samantha Morton was excellent and it certainly started Saturday off in the right manner (Starry Eyes, Life After Beth and The Babadook all impressed as well meaning Saturday had arguably the strongest line up). 8/10.
The Soapmaker
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by The Soapmaker »

DavieT wrote:When she'd been going on for 5 minutes without asking a question my mind wandered to "French Cinegoer" of past years :)
Was French Cinegoer around this year? Didn't seem to be in Screen 7, at least. No doubt she'll appear at the London Film Festival....

I was impressed by The Harvest. A good strong story which managed to be tense and exciting without ever going over the top (I guess Samantha Morton's character was more than a bit batshit, but having grown up with a similarly unhinged parent, it seemed pretty believable to me...). As the film progressed the twists became fairly predictable, but I couldn't have guessed from the start where the tale was going to go.
black_rainstorm
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by black_rainstorm »

I liked it in the same way I liked The Hypnotist, it was good to have a drama with horror elements. I do agree with the TV Movie comparisons. The plot actually reminded me of something you would have got it in Desperate Housewives as a 'mystery of the season'.
HeadOnAStick
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by HeadOnAStick »

Really enjoyed this. The actress playing the young neighbour girl was astonishingly brilliant and her scenes opposite Samantha Morton were stunning.
Alex J
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by Alex J »

Well made and generally well acted, especially by the young leads (I didn't realise until afterwards that the girl next door was in The Possession too) in this fable-inspired slow-burner. Perhaps the film lacks a big set-piece at the end, but maybe it doesn't need one as the story is well told and strong characterisation keeps it interesting throughout. 8 / 10
No tears, please. It's a waste of good suffering.
mamawaldi
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by mamawaldi »

There seems to be a lot of love for this in the forum which unfortunately I cannot profess to share. In look and sound it was very tv movie and just when I was hoping Samantha Morton would go all "Hand that Rocks the Cradle" it just fizzled out. The actress playing the young girl was fantastic though I thought.
zappa fan
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by zappa fan »

Currently on FreeVee
LAST FILM- Turistas 2006
"It's always funny until someone gets hurt. Then it's just hilarious." - Bill Hicks

twitter @nottsey
Letterboxd nottsey
Instagram nottsey