Dead Snow 2

Taking place over the Bank Holiday weekend, 21st - 25th August 2014
jonbly
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Dead Snow 2

Post by jonbly »

5/10 - some funny moments, but really uneven. Missed an obvious gag opportunity from filling a coach with zombies...
DJBenz
-----
-----

Re: Dead Snow 2

Post by DJBenz »

9/10 Cocking brilliant. Perfect midnight movie and rounded out a very strong day film-wise. I wasn't even taken so much with the first film, but this one ramped up the gore and the laughs to create something really entertaining.
frightfester020714
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by frightfester020714 »

I wasn't disappointed.
bernal316
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by bernal316 »

DJBenz wrote:9/10 Cocking brilliant. Perfect midnight movie and rounded out a very strong day film-wise. I wasn't even taken so much with the first film, but this one ramped up the gore and the laughs to create something really entertaining.
Agree!!!!!
I thought we all went to the cinema to be entertained, and fuck me that was entertaining!
DavieT
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by DavieT »

Liked the first one so was looking forward to it and it didn't disappoint - bloody loved it :)
ChrisReynolds
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by ChrisReynolds »

Some of the scenes of the zombies attacking were really good and inventive, and there are some cool shots of the Nazi zombies striding around. Unfortunately a lot of the humour didn't work for me: basically all the humour involving slapstick gory violence was excellent, and all the character-based humour involving the humans went down very badly with me. In particular I was really enjoying it until a trio of American zombie geeks show up and I didn't find them remotely convincing as characters. The female geek who keeps making Star Wars references particularly bugged me. Bit of a mixed bag in the end. Some really good bits let down by too many bad bits. I still quite enjoyed it though. 5/10
Alex J
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by Alex J »

Crowd-pleasing fun with plenty of gags and action / gore set-pieces. I thought the American characters were not as bad as I first feared, but maybe I'm alone in this?! 7.5 / 10
No tears, please. It's a waste of good suffering.
DJBenz
-----
-----

Post by DJBenz »

Alex J wrote:I thought the American characters were not as bad as I first feared, but maybe I'm alone in this?! 7.5 / 10
Not at all, I thought it was going to take the obvious route where these guys thought they were bad-ass zombie hunters, but actually went to pieces when they were confronted with the undead. And we know that didn't happen...
HairyMart
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by HairyMart »

Really pleased with this as it was the rare gem of a sequel that was better than the first. Yes we have all seen the attack on hapless campers in the wilderness, as with the first film, but a sequel with a Tiger Tank manned by zombies - big screen zombie fests don't get much better
mamawaldi
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by mamawaldi »

My favourite film of the festival. Massively enjoyable from start to finish, inventive, witty, touching and filled with some delicious splatter.
TheDukeAbides
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by TheDukeAbides »

The Americans irritated me.

But they were a minor irritation.

My film of the festival.
zappa fan
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by zappa fan »

Currently on Shudder and Plex
LAST FILM- Turistas 2006
"It's always funny until someone gets hurt. Then it's just hilarious." - Bill Hicks

twitter @nottsey
Letterboxd nottsey
Instagram nottsey