The Last Showing

Taking place over the Bank Holiday weekend, 21st - 25th August 2014
jonbly
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

The Last Showing

Post by jonbly »

6/10 - pretty poor to start with, but picked up once the characters started to interact more. Felt the boyfriend was too unsympathetic early on - and he's the key character.
DJBenz
-----
-----

Re: The Last Showing

Post by DJBenz »

6/10 - By the numbers thriller, didn't buy Englund's performance and never felt like he was a real antagonist. Second time I've seen it and it didn't improve with the repeat.
frightfester020714
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by frightfester020714 »

I doze off a few times.
ChrisReynolds
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by ChrisReynolds »

One of my least favourite things in films is characters acting in unrealistic ways to the service of the plot. This film was full of them, along with multiple contrivances. A shame because I like the concept and the actors turn in some decent performances so with a tighter script it could have worked. 3/10
Charlie
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by Charlie »

6/10 is a bit generous lol i mean, Robert Englund was superb....but the plot was full of holes...and the lead actor (i dont know his name) just wow.... worse performance ive seen in a while...and where he struggled with the escalator?!... i cant figure out if that was supposed to be as funny as it was??
jonbly
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by jonbly »

OK, got to give you a point on the escalator scene... that was badly misconceived.
adeyboy99
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by adeyboy99 »

I really wanted to end our 4th FF on a high note, but unfortunately it wasn't to be with this film.
I just didn't feel any sympathy towards the main character and his gf was just an unbelievably annoying cow which I just wanted to shake viciously. Even Robert England's performance couldn't save this film, as he just came across as a bumbling old man, that didn't once seem to have a sinister bone in his body and never looked like he could've hurt anyone.
The ending was also very predictable and seemed rushed and unfinished, with the way Keith allens character was onto Englund's plan but it just ended.
Don't get me wrong, it was amazing to see Mr Englund there in person, and just seeing him walk past us to hide in his vip room, was worth the trip alone.
sherbetbizarre
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by sherbetbizarre »