All Cheerleaders Die

Taking place over the Bank Holiday weekend, 21st - 25th August 2014
Rob@Sky
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

All Cheerleaders Die

Post by Rob@Sky »

Thinking of seeing All Cheerleaders Die today?

Here's why you'd be absolutely correct to do so:
http://bit.ly/1qsqQeg
Twitter: rob_a_daniel
Web: www.electric-shadows.com
Ta!
FranksWildYears
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Re: All Cheerleaders Die

Post by FranksWildYears »

I think most of us have the sense to avoid looking at potentially-spoiling review threads for the films we haven't yet seen until after we have seen them, so I don't think there's any need to be afraid to post thoughts and opinions here and actually participate in forum discussion (rather than just sticking up endless links to a blog I don't want to click through to when I'm on my phone or frankly, even when I'm on my laptop). That said, I'll be sitting this one out in Discovery anyway.

See also 'The Harvest'.
ChrisReynolds
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by ChrisReynolds »

That review isn't exactly representative of the general reviews ACD has been getting, and having seen it last year at the London Film Festival I would confidently advise that the Short Film showcase or Show Pieces might be better options if you're in screens 5 or 7. It reminded me most of Jennifer's Body.
Rob@Sky
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by Rob@Sky »

Don't worry Frank, I'm contributing to the discussions. But, this is a great forum for posting full thoughts on movies to an intelligent crowd - and all feedback is welcome...

Chris - yeah, saw the reviews have been lukewarm. I thought there was a lot going on under the surface as well as delivering crowd-pleasing horror comedy. I'm off to Show Pieces this afternoon - can't miss Alan Moore making a rare excursion from Northampton to London.
Twitter: rob_a_daniel
Web: www.electric-shadows.com
Ta!
jonbly
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by jonbly »

7/10 - pretty good, but a few things misfired. The witch's transformation overnight from loner to hallway strutting felt off, as did Maddy's wildly spinning moral compass.
Lost Highway
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by Lost Highway »

Watchable enough, but a disappointment from Lucky McKee after May and The Woman, which is one of my favourite horror films of the last ten years. It was like The Craft meets Jennifer's Body and felt like a deliberate attempt to make something more commercial but the film wasn't too far from the type of teen horror it appears to satirise. I hope McKee gets back to making something a bit more edgy and grungy after this one.
The Soapmaker
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by The Soapmaker »

I saw it at last year's London Film Festival and absolutely loved it. I was a bit hesitant to watch it again in case it "lost" something.... but I still loved it, if not quite as much.

Yes, it's not a million miles away from the high school horrors we've seen before, but I think it does undermine the conventions quite cleverly. That opening five minutes of Maddy's home movie - and its abrupt end - is brilliant.
Alex J
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by Alex J »

Fun and occasionally effective teen horror that benefitted from a few interesting characters. A little reminiscent of Lucky McKee's earlier effort May. If you don't expect anything too profound then you may find this a reasonably entertaining time-passer. 7 / 10
No tears, please. It's a waste of good suffering.
DJBenz
-----
-----

Post by DJBenz »

Bloody awful. Satire or not, it was really lacking in focus and just seemed to meander all over the place. Hated McKee's The Woman too, so he doesn't have a great track record with me. 4/10
Bearded Avenger
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by Bearded Avenger »

It was essentially a feature length episode of Charmed! That's not a good thing.
mamawaldi
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by mamawaldi »

Loved 'The Woman' so I had high hopes. Unfortunately this was a real let down. Too silly, not funny, sharp of dark enough to work. The cheerleaders before the screening were very good though, so well done them.
zappa fan
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by zappa fan »

Currently on FreeVee and PlutoTV.
LAST FILM- Turistas 2006
"It's always funny until someone gets hurt. Then it's just hilarious." - Bill Hicks

twitter @nottsey
Letterboxd nottsey
Instagram nottsey