Thoughts on FrightFest @ Vue so far..

Taking place over the Bank Holiday weekend, 21st - 25th August 2014
DJBenz
-----
-----

Re: Thoughts on FrightFest @ Vue so far..

Post by DJBenz »

zappa fan wrote:
DJBenz wrote:One thing just occurred to me...

Did no-one do the 'First night finery' ie, dressing super smart this year? I didn't see anyone dressed up as usual, it's always a fun sight on the opening night.
I did!
Well done! :D

Like I said, I didn't notice anyone dressed up this year but that could've been down to the crowd dispersal over the three screens.
Biohazard
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by Biohazard »

DJBenz wrote:Was it just me or was there a massive stench of weed every time you got to those doors at the bottom of the escalators?
MrsBBC wrote:Also, when we accidently left via a fire escape there was a member of staff asleep on the stairs; apparently not guarding/directing, sleeping. Is that legal? Clearly Vue does not pay the London Living Wage.
I wonder if these things might be connected.
Malky
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by Malky »

I was apprehensive about the Vue but it was a wonderful venue. To echo those before the bar area is amazing I liked the stall area and I thought the Disco set up was brilliant. A slight complaint is that the Discovery screens don't have a great rake or bank so my view of Preservation was obscured by a tall man with a flat top in front of me. However it's hardly his fault he was seated in front of a sawn off runt...

Maybe next year I'lll increase my intake of baby bio before the fest.