Frightfest's worst movie ever?

Taking place over the Bank Holiday weekend, 21st - 25th August 2014
The Aylmer
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Re: Frightfest's worst movie ever?

Post by The Aylmer »

HeadOnAStick wrote:You're all wrong :D

The worst ever film at Frightfest was 'Day of the Dead 2: Contagium' and not just because of the illiterate title. A close second, because it lasted so long I sometimes think I'm still watching it when I close my eyes was 'Casshern'

Don't get me wrong, the ones you've named are terrible. These two are worse...

Except. I actually loved Stage Fright. Sorry :D
No need to apologise. I enjoyed Stage Fright too.

And you're right. Day of the Dead 2 was bloody awful :) But personally I thought it was one of those 'enjoyably bad' efforts. When that scientist bloke said "con-tay-jum" in that gumbified manner I couldn't stop laughing. 'Sherbetbizarre' was sat next to me and he was in tears at this point. No matter how bad a film is if it puts a smile on my face (unintentional or not) then I'll cut it a bit of slack. It's when it can't even do that, like Dust or Shockwave Darkside, that I start loading the shotgun.

By the way, did anyway see the promotional handout for Shockwave Darkside which was available as you entered the Vue? A piece of glossy black card with the films title on it and a silhouette of either one of those boxy spacesuits or else a building on the moon (it's too dark to tell on first glance). A badly conceived piece of advertising for a badly conceived movie, so the perfect match!
DavieT
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by DavieT »

HeadOnAStick wrote:
You're all wrong :D

The worst ever film at Frightfest was 'Day of the Dead 2: Contagium' and not just because of the illiterate title. A close second, because it lasted so long I sometimes think I'm still watching it when I close my eyes was 'Casshern'

Don't get me wrong, the ones you've named are terrible. These two are worse...

Except. I actually loved Stage Fright. Sorry :D

No need to apologise. I enjoyed Stage Fright too.
Must admit that I loved this one too - gloriously silly and I cant get that b****y opening song out of my head ;)
black_rainstorm
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by black_rainstorm »

I'm glad How To Survive A Zombie Hollocaust has been mentioned in this thread. That's the second worst from this year, the worst being Shockwave Darkside.
Dom
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by Dom »

"Free your Tulpa"

Please don't.
FranksWildYears
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by FranksWildYears »

I wanted to suggest Tulpa for runner up because I didn't see SD3D and Bubba's Chilli Parlour is a shoe-in for the top spot, but as watching Tulpa was one of the most enjoyable parts of FF2012 (I think) I didn't really feel I should. It did make my sides hurt.

Banshee Chapter was so execrable I tried to make myself go to sleep by covering my head with my hoodie hood but alas, somebody had it in for me that day. If this years' effort was worse than that it's almost making me want to watch it - I saw 'Julia' instead.
Dom
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by Dom »

That moment Federico Zampaglione took to the stage (minus cast and crew) afterwards with a baffled look of "why were you all laughing?" will live long in the memory.
jerichodark
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by jerichodark »

Federico Zampaglione sat and talked through somebody else's film during a previous Frightfest so I was never a fan. Tulpa struck me as Karma, it also struck me as hilarious. Not a contender for the worst film but possibly a contender for the best worst film.
domdunc
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by domdunc »

powerpopkid wrote:HOW TO SURVIVE A ZOMBIE HOLOCAUST

This film was just cringeworthy bad - How the fuck did this shit even get screened.

Saw a number of people walk out during this film and not to return
I slept through most of this film so I'd be inclined to agree.

Damned by Dawn from a few years ago probably tops my list.
TheDukeAbides
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by TheDukeAbides »

Inbred.
Love Machine
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by Love Machine »

The correct answer to this question is, and likely always will be, Halloween: Resurrection.
Lost Highway
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by Lost Highway »

FranksWildYears wrote: Banshee Chapter was so execrable I tried to make myself go to sleep by covering my head with my hoodie hood but alas, somebody had it in for me that day. If this years' effort was worse than that it's almost making me want to watch it - I saw 'Julia' instead.
I thought that was rather good and unlike every other film mentioned here, it mostly got very good reviews. It basically was the premise of From Beyond as a psychological horror film rather than a sex&gore film and I found it very creepy.

The fact that it was originally presented in 3D is baffling, I can't imagine that working well but then I didn't see it in 3D.
DJBenz
-----
-----

Post by DJBenz »

Lost Highway wrote:The fact that it was originally presented in 3D is baffling
It was shot in 3D. Lots of people thought it was done in post, me included, which was odd for a found-footage horror, but I found out later that it was actually natively shot in stereoscopic 3D like Shockwave Darkside.
ChrisReynolds
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by ChrisReynolds »

Lost Highway wrote:
FranksWildYears wrote: Banshee Chapter was so execrable I tried to make myself go to sleep by covering my head with my hoodie hood but alas, somebody had it in for me that day. If this years' effort was worse than that it's almost making me want to watch it - I saw 'Julia' instead.
I thought that was rather good and unlike every other film mentioned here, it mostly got very good reviews. It basically was the premise of From Beyond as a psychological horror film rather than a sex&gore film and I found it very creepy.

The fact that it was originally presented in 3D is baffling, I can't imagine that working well but then I didn't see it in 3D.
Terrible 3D is actively making the films worse. Surely the current 3D craze has run its course. I'd be happy if next year we didn't have any 3D films.
DGB
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by DGB »

No-one has mentioned 'Another' - on any page as far as I could see.

It was incredibly poor, and made the also-terrible 'Extinction/Expedition' look like Citizen Kane
Lost Highway
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by Lost Highway »

HeadOnAStick wrote: A close second, because it lasted so long I sometimes think I'm still watching it when I close my eyes was 'Casshern'

OMG yes !!! I lasted 45 minutes with that piece of crap and I felt my retinas had holes burned into them afterwards.