The Babadook

Taking place over the Bank Holiday weekend, 21st - 25th August 2014
MrD
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Re: The Babadook

Post by MrD »

After seeing the Trailer I was really looking forward to this

amd I think it managed to surprise me. The mum is brilliant, great acting. The stress and burden she carries looking out for her difficult son. Her protective nature over him despite the ever increasing urge to silence him once for all. I heard a few people mention that urge themselves, which I think only highlights how much of a strain it suggests at putting on the mother day and night, week in week out.

The book was amazing. The atmosphere and uncertainty throughout the possible descent into madness was so good. Also lisyening to how the film was put together on a shoestring budget and alot of love and dedication from cast and crew to finish the film, well i appreciated that too. The desire to tell a story really shone through to me.

I'm going to give it an 8/10

As there was one flashing image of the babadook that I didnt like. I almost would have preferred for it ti remain invisible after that and becauase the kid did get to me too. :)

Noticing no one was bothered by the dog scene here, there were a few in the seats near me who looked away briefly at that. But to me that just showed the step by step fall to the end I feared would happen....but didn't. So yay!
zappa fan
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Re: The Babadook

Post by zappa fan »

Currently on Amazon Prime, BBC iplayer, britbox and Icon.
LAST FILM- Turistas 2006
"It's always funny until someone gets hurt. Then it's just hilarious." - Bill Hicks

twitter @nottsey
Letterboxd nottsey
Instagram nottsey