Open Windows

Taking place over the Bank Holiday weekend, 21st - 25th August 2014
jonbly
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Open Windows

Post by jonbly »

8/10 - trying to be clever with new technologies and, surprisingly, largely getting away with it. Low res car footage felt a bit out of place. And the twist... doesn't quite come off.
hingethunder
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Re: Open Windows

Post by hingethunder »

Totally stupid but great fun!
sherbetbizarre
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by sherbetbizarre »

Brian De Palma ramped up to 11. Lost its way in the final stretch, but still a highlight of the weekend.
morralex
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by morralex »

Oh my god, I hated this. What a load of nonsense! I walked out after an hour. There had already been a couple of twists by then and i hear there were about three more after I left. First film I've walked out of this year and by far the worst thing I've seen. Exhausting and completely unengaging. I felt that the director was just playing a trick on everyone to see how much rubbish he could put on screen and get away with...
scarebear
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by scarebear »

It was mad, but I quite enjoyed it. As someone else said, it did remind me of a Brian De Palma Film with all the madness, excess and twists.
black_rainstorm
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by black_rainstorm »

I really didn't like it, it gave me a headache. I did think it was clever in terms of how relevant it was, with the younger generation having so much technology today that they can't concentrate on one specific thing and get easily bored.
DJBenz
-----
-----

Post by DJBenz »

By Monday we'd come to see the glowing eyed possessed people of the shonky intro film used a second time in the director's segment of V/H/S Viral.
Biohazard
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by Biohazard »

The shonky intro film looked better than a few of the actual showings at this year's Fest.

I must admit I was quite amused at the hacker character's excitement at getting a glimpse of Sasha Grey's boobs.
The Aylmer
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by The Aylmer »

8/10 here too and my favourite film from Sunday. Loved the hi tech Rear Window first half. Doesn't work quite as well once the Kill List guy turns up due to his ever so slightly bonkers reasons for kidnapping the Jill Goddard character (to boost the numbers on her fan site?!? Yeah, right...). That said I did chuckle at the scene where he says the bomb won't go off if the number of people streaming the live feed reduce by half... and instead the figures just keep going up and up. Lots of fun overall.
Alex J
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by Alex J »

Nothing like what I was expecting, being a crazy, techno thrill ride that twists and turns, although perhaps it is a little too clever for its own good and it will be interesting to see how it fares on repeat viewings. Nevertheless, entertaining while it lasts. 8 / 10

***Possible spoiler***
I thought the film within the film could be a future Frightfest hit!
No tears, please. It's a waste of good suffering.
The Soapmaker
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by The Soapmaker »

Alex J wrote:I thought the film within the film could be a future Frightfest hit!
Especially if it's in headache-inducing 3D.

I enjoyed Open Windows, it had a bit of a shaky start but once it got going the pace and tension were very well maintained. Slightly fell apart at the end and the villain's motives seemed very trivial and implausible, but good stuff nonetheless.
TheDukeAbides
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by TheDukeAbides »

Another one that felt overly long and dragged a bit at the end, watching Nacho balance pints on his head in the Phoenix was infinitely more entertaining.

Still not sold on Wood's wide-eyed, little-boy-lost schtick either; though he is still quite watchable.

Felt Nacho was taking the piss at times with just how much shit and twisty stuff he could put into the film.

I liked the film, had just enough character, plot and pacing for it to be entertaining in the main.
zappa fan
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by zappa fan »

Currently on Amazon Prime and PlutoTV.
LAST FILM- Turistas 2006
"It's always funny until someone gets hurt. Then it's just hilarious." - Bill Hicks

twitter @nottsey
Letterboxd nottsey
Instagram nottsey