Faults

Taking place over the Bank Holiday weekend, 21st - 25th August 2014
jonbly
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Faults

Post by jonbly »

6/10 - bit of a slow burner. For me, the transition was a bit too sudden... I just didn't buy it.
scarebear
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Re: Faults

Post by scarebear »

Started well, Thought it had some good humor at the start, but got progressively worse. Shame, im a big fan of Mary Elizabeth Winstead.
The Soapmaker
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by The Soapmaker »

I think it's one of those films that's a bit too subtle to watch on the same day as four or five others, they tend to get lost in the mix.

I admit it didn't really hold my attention, but I thought the transition from comedy to something much darker was handled quite well. I would like to watch it again some time, on its own, so I can concentrate more and have time to think about it.
FranksWildYears
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by FranksWildYears »

This was my favourite of the whole festival I think, closely followed by The Canal. And I nearly skipped it in favour of something else.

I was in Screen 5 so was lucky enough that it was the first film of the day as I agree it could be easily lost in the midst of the noisier squelchier stuff, but I was completely absorbed from start to finish and thought the downbeat style was terrific. The camerawork was great, and Leland Orser does down-on-his-luck seedy so well I could watch him in anything - enjoyed him in The Guest on Thursday too.

This is the one I most want to see again, and as soon as I get the chance :).
Alex J
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by Alex J »

A low key but engrossing psychological trip into the world of cults. Well made and slightly chilling, especially given the ongoing existence of cults and also religious extremism. 8.5 / 10
Spoiler:
I saw many of the twists coming from fairly early on unfortunately, except for the parents dying and I had pegged the father as being the cult leader, so that reveal did come as a surprise.
No tears, please. It's a waste of good suffering.
TheDukeAbides
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by TheDukeAbides »

Another film whose fate rested on the cast, obstensibly Winstead and Orser.

Nothing was massively unexpected but the film did indeed start at one place and finish at another, so that was entertaining.

A good film.
zappa fan
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by zappa fan »

Currently on Amazon Prime, Filmzie and WedoTv.
LAST FILM- Turistas 2006
"It's always funny until someone gets hurt. Then it's just hilarious." - Bill Hicks

twitter @nottsey
Letterboxd nottsey
Instagram nottsey