The House at the End of Time

Taking place over the Bank Holiday weekend, 21st - 25th August 2014
hingethunder
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

The House at the End of Time

Post by hingethunder »

This was great, possibly my favourite of the festival so far.

Ghost story with a resolution that made perfect sense in retrospect but I didn't see coming. I think I had something in my eye at the end, must have been a problem with the air conditioning.

US remake rights have been sold apparently, hopefully this excellent film will get a release first.

Only niggles were the slightly shonky ageing makeup on the lead, and the dodgy subtitles which I'm sure would be redone before a proper release.
Rob@Sky
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Re: The House at the End of Time

Post by Rob@Sky »

Perfect summation hingethunder. My joint favourite with Show Pieces (the Discovery films do have the best of the fest, don't they?).

Loved the way the frights were genuine, but fresh ideas were brought to haunted house conventions. Didn't see the twist either and sure repeat viewings will reveal even more secrets.

Not surprised the US rights have been snapped up already. For me this was as good as The Others or Stir of Echoes.
Twitter: rob_a_daniel
Web: www.electric-shadows.com
Ta!
wakko
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by wakko »

Really enjoyed the film. Felt classic and somehow innocent, yet it had a clever story and twists. I really liked the Lovecaft style symbolism shown through architecture, symbolism (eye, book) and the general door/gate references. Agree, that the aging effect on the lead character was a bit distracting but liked her as an actress. You could tell that the sound designers like designing smashing door sounds and thumping sounds in general.
Scrofulous Peasant
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by Scrofulous Peasant »

Why wasn't this on the main screen? Loved the story the emotional depth and everything else about it. Easily in my top 5 of the festival. 9 /10
Wulfster
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by Wulfster »

Definitely one of my favourites of the weekend. I think that everybody who caught this was just blown away by it.
Even if you were a smart-ass who thought you had it all sussed out, there were extra twists to surprise you.
Brilliant stuff. Should have been main-screener...
soberdave72@hotmail.com
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by soberdave72@hotmail.com »

I stayed in the main screen, except for Life After Beth and Faults. Just caught up with this, (via buying it from Spain via Amazon, where its already on DVD,) after several people I spoke to during Frightfest , said this was the best of the festival.

Have to agree with them, and others posting, a Bloody Brilliant Chiller that should have played the main screen, and in a prime slot, Creepy, Engrossing with an Unexpectedly Moving conclusion. My favorite film of the year by a long way.
zappa fan
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by zappa fan »

Currently on Amazon Prime and Shudder
LAST FILM- Turistas 2006
"It's always funny until someone gets hurt. Then it's just hilarious." - Bill Hicks

twitter @nottsey
Letterboxd nottsey
Instagram nottsey