I survived a zombie hollocaust

Post by powerpopkid »

What were peoples of opinions of this?
Scrofulous Peasant
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Re: I survived a zombie hollocaust

Post by Scrofulous Peasant »

Well it was certainly screened at the right time. As an undemanding late night last film it was okay. Very silly broad humour and some decent gore with a "nerd triumphs against the odds" storyline. Pretty much what you'd expect in fact. Wouldn't watch it again. 5 / 10
The Aylmer
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by The Aylmer »

Scrofulous Peasant wrote:Well it was certainly screened at the right time. As an undemanding late night last film it was okay. Very silly broad humour and some decent gore with a "nerd triumphs against the odds" storyline. Pretty much what you'd expect in fact. Wouldn't watch it again. 5 / 10
Agreed. Felt like it was trying to be on a par with Peter Jackson's Bad Taste (complete with a 'Derek' type of nerd hero and his love interest). But despite plenty of ripped entrails, lopped off limbs and exploding heads, it wasn't in the same inventive league. That said it did see the third instance that day of 'human shags zombie' (the other two being All Cheerleaders Die and Life After Beth) so there was a recurring theme of sorts for Saturday. And it did lead to a gruesomely hilarious STD gag so it wasn't without some originality. Liked the mixture of slow moving and fast running zombies as well. That loud mouthed overbearing director started to annoy me after a while though (although not as much as the 'Zombie Squad' in Dead Snow 2), so I was pleased when he finally bit the dust. 5/10 is about right.
HeadOnAStick
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by HeadOnAStick »

I'd have been more keen if it had been the last film of the day, but it was screened before the vastly superior Life After Beth. While there were some funny moments it felt like it was begging for cheap laughs. Not a favourite but enough charm to make me stay with it.
bernal316
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by bernal316 »

1/10
Hideous mess that is best forgotten. Close second to Shockwave dayside for worst film of the festival. Horror-comedy without the horror or the comedy
DJBenz
-----
-----

Post by DJBenz »

Didn't like this much, thought the humour was very basic at best and they really didn't capitalise enough on the meta nature of a zombie film set being overrun with an actual zombie invasion. 4/10
mamawaldi
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by mamawaldi »

Not a great advancement of the zomcom genre. The comedy was laboured and the main character really irritated me with his simpering tweeness. Zombie STD aside, this has all been done better elsewhere.
Malky
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by Malky »

This won me over. Like internet rule 34 there is a siilar movie rule that if it exists there is zombies of it and I groaned when I found out it was a zombie movie on a zombie film set, however it was charming enough to keep me going. After the American love in of Dead Snow 2 it was fun to see the opposite of that in I Survived a Zombie Holocaust via the American prop master.
The Nevs
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by The Nevs »

For what it's worth I really enjoyed it. I thought the performances were really good, gore was pretty decent. There are definitely some similarities to Bad Taste but it didn't feel like a clone to me. The audience in my screening loved it, some people even clapped at the end. Not me though, I think it's dumb to clap at the end of a film unless the filmmakers themselves are there. Which I guess they could have been.
MrD
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by MrD »

Awful

so bad I wanted the time I had spent watching it back, and the memory of it erased.

even the comedy aspects were off. It seemed to be really trying to be Bad Taste (which was what convinced me to watch it in the first place....that and well.....zombies right! :) ) but in my opinion it failed to be anything like it. Well...in any good way.

I'm going to give this 1/10 and it only gets this as I quite enjoyed the beginning sequence on set and actors at full tongue in cheek b-movie glory that then cut and became somewhat of a tragic mess. All own opinion of course. :)