Another

Taking place over the Bank Holiday weekend, 21st - 25th August 2014
ChrisReynolds
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Another

Post by ChrisReynolds »

This was showing on the smallest screen, but I went because it looked interesting and I'd seen House at the End of Time and Stage Fright. It's a very stylistic horror, heavily indebted to the Italian stylists and Satanic panic films of the seventies, but featuring a lot of modern colour-grading and filter techniques to get its look right. It does often look good, but there are also disastrous missteps with poor effects, particularly a very bad CGI fire effect. At one point, there are a series of photographs on fire, and the CGI fire is layered on top and it looks terrible. Problems start when the characters open their mouths: the script is very poor and the acting is bad. The whole film is rather confusing and silly. 3/10
nekro
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Re: Another

Post by nekro »

Really awful film. Incoherent story, lack of charaterisation and dialogue. Tried to be stylish but ultimately failed.
2/10
Alex J
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by Alex J »

Very stylised, bewildering, trippy and, at times, student-like, clearly influenced by the likes ofArgento. Strangely reminded me a bit of Eggshells. 6.5 / 10 for effort.
Spoiler:
I must confess to being confused by the ending, not knowing whether good or evil prevailed (if either), and if so, how. Maybe I was just over tired by that point?
No tears, please. It's a waste of good suffering.
morralex
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by morralex »

gutted i missed this one!