Coherence

Taking place over the Bank Holiday weekend, 21st - 25th August 2014
TheDukeAbides
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Coherence

Post by TheDukeAbides »

With the greatest respect to Evrim Ersoy, I feel the thread he started should be for the party and Coherence, behind a stand alone film should have its own thread.

Mainly because it was a tie for me with the best film of the festival.

Nice to be able to have a phone call with the director before hand (him being in North America) and then being able to contact him on twitter afterwards for Q&A.

Loved this film, be interesting to see how it plays on a second viewing, but a very effective sci-fi puzzle movie.

Well acted - which the director said was 98% unscripted, shot over 5 nights and the cast didn't really know what was going on so they felt as confused as the characters the portrayed.
Bigcat
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Re: Coherence

Post by Bigcat »

TheDukeAbides wrote:Well acted - which the director said was 98% unscripted, shot over 5 nights and the cast didn't really know what was going on so they felt as confused as the characters the portrayed.
I did wonder if that was the case.

This one safely made my top three of the festival. A superb concept, executed brilliantly. Given what it was about, it could easily have been a confusing mess, over complex, silly or unconvincing, but it fell into none of those traps. One I will watch again and recommend.
morralex
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by morralex »

Bigcat wrote:
TheDukeAbides wrote:Well acted - which the director said was 98% unscripted, shot over 5 nights and the cast didn't really know what was going on so they felt as confused as the characters the portrayed.
I did wonder if that was the case.

This one safely made my top three of the festival. A superb concept, executed brilliantly. Given what it was about, it could easily have been a confusing mess, over complex, silly or unconvincing, but it fell into none of those traps. One I will watch again and recommend.

Completelty agree, one of the best of the fest. Not confusing or over-complicated but makes you think about it long after credits roll. :eek:
morralex
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by morralex »

Also, actually really scary. Not in a jumpy way or anything but in a 'what if' kinda way!
Bigcat
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by Bigcat »

morralex wrote:Also, actually really scary. Not in a jumpy way or anything but in a 'what if' kinda way!
Yes, totally!
Alex J
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by Alex J »

Profound, thought provoking and mind-bending. An intriguing yarn with interesting characters. Perhaps not for those who prefer faster paced fare, while it will be interesting to see how well it stands up to repeat viewings. Still, I thought it was a fiendish puzzler that kept me thinking - and how many films can you say that about these days? 9 / 10
No tears, please. It's a waste of good suffering.
domdunc
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by domdunc »

reminded me of Primer, one of my all time favourite films.
zappa fan
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by zappa fan »

Currently on Plex, Shudder and WeDoTV
LAST FILM- Turistas 2006
"It's always funny until someone gets hurt. Then it's just hilarious." - Bill Hicks

twitter @nottsey
Letterboxd nottsey
Instagram nottsey