FrightFest Glasgow 2015

All the chat for FrightFest Glasgow in February 2015
iomega
Frightfest Organiser
Frightfest Organiser

FrightFest Glasgow 2015

Post by iomega »

Here are the details for this years FrightFest Glasgow event.

The event this year runs for two days in our normal north of the border home, the Glasgow Film Theater. The dates are Friday 27th February from approximately 1.00 pm and Saturday 28th from around 11.00 am. There will be 11 films. The films and guests will be announced on Wednesday 21st January with the tickets going on sale the following day the 22nd.

Ticket types and prices, which we aim to keep at last years levels, are still to be confirmed as is a proposed Thursday evening separate guest driven event and the Sunday repeats that were introduced last year.

More info will be announced as we have it, but if you are planning to travel to the event, and you will be very welcome, this will give you a bases to work on.
iomega
Frightfest Organiser
Frightfest Organiser

Re: FrightFest Glasgow 2015

Post by iomega »

Well, that's the films for Glasgow confirmed. Just in the last hour we locked down the final film. As usual it went right to the wire, today been the absolute deadline from Glasgow to have everything in place. There was a last-minute panic when a film that we thought we had secured dropped out, but this year we were in the position of actually having more films on offer than we needed. So we have a full all new to the UK lineup. No London or any other UK film Festival repeat. There will be 11 films as usual over two days of the event with a warmup film at 9 PM on the 26th.

We can't announce the lineup until January 21st but the lineup does include several world premiers. We are really really pleased with this year's lineup and passes £70, the same price as last year and single tickets £9 will be available from January 22 through the Glasgow Film Festival box office. Just to make it clear the Thursday night warmup film is not included in the price of the pass. If you wish to attend that film you will need to buy a separate single ticket.

We look forward to seeing you all there.
bernal316
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by bernal316 »

Starting to get excited about Glasgow, not long now until the announcement. An idea of what time the tickets are going to be going on sale on the Thursday????
iomega
Frightfest Organiser
Frightfest Organiser

Post by iomega »

We will be updating the fright Fest website with full details of the lineup of films for FrightFest Glasgow 15 at 7:30 PM on Wednesday, 21st January.

Last year under the pressure of FrightFesters trying to get their tickets, the Glasgow film Festival servers crashed. As a result the good people at the Glasgow Film Theater are making this year's passes available ahead of the main ticket sale on 26th January. You will be able to get your hands on an event pass from 10 AM on the 22nd. Passes will cost £70. That's the same cost as last year. There will be a limited amount of single film tickets available this year. You will be able to get these plus tickets for our Thursday evening 26th February 9 PM warmup film from Monday 26th January.

With three World, one European and 8 UK premieres included in the programme, we couldn't be more excited about the event. We look forward to seeing you all there.
killer guinea pigs
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by killer guinea pigs »

Cant wait for the event again..............
my guess for the Thursday night film is ........it follows as it is out the following day.

The rest of the fest i have no idea but maybe rec 4 ??
TheDukeAbides
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by TheDukeAbides »

iomega wrote: Last year under the pressure of FrightFesters trying to get their tickets, the Glasgow film Festival servers crashed. As a result the good people at the Glasgow Film Theater are making this year's passes available ahead of the main ticket sale on 26th January. You will be able to get your hands on an event pass from 10 AM on the 22nd.
I think I'm being thick but I'm confused by this - can I buy online on the 22nd?
iomega
Frightfest Organiser
Frightfest Organiser

Post by iomega »

The festival is only making our FrightFest event passes available from 10.00 am on the 22nd. This is to stop the server issues caused by our demand. Our single tickets for the Thursday and weekend event shows will be available from the 26th January along with all other tickets. And by the way the Thursday night film is not It Follows. We have an all new line- up.
Malky
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by Malky »

I hate complaining but the ticket system is screwed. My order failed I don't have my chosen seats (N1 &2 I think) but the money has been taken. Those seats are now shown as booked and I have no more money to try buying more :(

Malky, Did you get your tickets in the end?
TheDukeAbides
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by TheDukeAbides »

Don't panic - loads left, just be patient...

A ha ha ha...

Clusterfuck.

Still, well done to those that got them.
UKKid35
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by UKKid35 »

If anyone has a single pass available please let me know. I am willing to pay a significant premium.

Many thanks - Paul
iomega
Frightfest Organiser
Frightfest Organiser

Post by iomega »

No need. Now all the rush as subsided and people are not hogging tickets with multipal browsers open, some have freed up. Go on line now and you will get your ticket.
UKKid35
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by UKKid35 »

iomega wrote:No need. Now all the rush as subsided and people are not hogging tickets with multipal browsers open, some have freed up. Go on line now and you will get your ticket.
Thank you

Thank you

Thank you
FranksWildYears
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by FranksWildYears »

Well I have the opposite problem - one of my assumed failed attempts at booking online seems to have gone through after all, which I didn't know when I gave up and booked over the phone (according to my bank two lots of seventy pounds have been taken).

I know the seat number of the one I thought might have worked, but it crashed before anything was confirmed and I never got an email. Can I cancel this and get my money back or am I out of pocket and stuck with an extra ticket I don't want? I maybe could have been a bit more patient, but I didn't have much free time to get the ticket and it's hardly my fault?
TheDukeAbides
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by TheDukeAbides »

I'll take a sleepy q any time.

After everything I too had over-ordered, they very nicely took back my additional tickets, its worth asking to see if it is still an option.
stshaw
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by stshaw »

Somehow the whole buying tickets on the internet gets worse event-by-event.Nearly an hour after first trying I still haven't managed to buy a ticket!

Friday 23, 06:30 Update: Finally managed to get a ticket this morning. Or perhaps it's 2 :s I guess I will have to phone the box-office.