FrightFest ticketing 2015

Taking place over the Bank Holiday weekend, August 27th - 31st 2015
Lucio Frizzi
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Re: FrightFest ticketing 2015

Post by Lucio Frizzi »

With the news about the medical conference apparently making hotel accommodation difficult this year I don't know what to do. Still not confident to book hotel accommodation for 4 people before getting the tickets....
There's no heaven up there, we'll have to make heaven down here.
sherbetbizarre
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by sherbetbizarre »

Frightfest has never been an event that sells out in 5 minutes... everyone wanting a pass on Saturday morning has got one... is there any reason to think this year will be any different?

Correct, a lot of the panic to get tickets the second that they go on sale is unnecessary. Any time over the first weekend the tickets go on sale is generally fine.
Lucio Frizzi
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by Lucio Frizzi »

Untested buying system and everybody buying online this year. If I wanted 1 or 2 tickets then I wouldn't be worried but 4 together? I probably will get what I want but, like I said, I'm not confident enough to book 5 nights in a London hotel beforehand.

If there are four left together when you get on line buy them. Not restrictions this way
sherbetbizarre
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by sherbetbizarre »

That brings up an interesting question - if we want to buy 4 or 5 tickets, do they all have to be in a line? If space is limited, and only gaps of 2 and 3 are left, can we book 2 here and 3 there? Or book the 3 together then rejoin the queue for the other 2?

No. Buy your tickets together or in different rows or even in different screens. Just select add to the cart then move on. Simple.
thatcambridgebird
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by thatcambridgebird »

Lucio Frizzi wrote:With the news about the medical conference apparently making hotel accommodation difficult this year I don't know what to do. Still not confident to book hotel accommodation for 4 people before getting the tickets....
It may be untested for FF, but the boys have said it's a system capable of handling much bigger events than this, so therefore common sense would assume it's a pre-existing system that's obviously been tested somewhere.

You'll be hosed if you leave accommodation much longer, because prices are silly already, and will only get sillier the closer it gets. Why not just find a hotel with a cancellation/refund policy (instead of one of those "early bird, non-refundable" rates) so you can get your money back in the unlikely event of not getting what you want?
Malky
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by Malky »

thatcambridgebird wrote:
Lucio Frizzi wrote:With the news about the medical conference apparently making hotel accommodation difficult this year I don't know what to do. Still not confident to book hotel accommodation for 4 people before getting the tickets....
It may be untested for FF, but the boys have said it's a system capable of handling much bigger events than this, so therefore common sense would assume it's a pre-existing system that's obviously been tested somewhere.

You'll be hosed if you leave accommodation much longer, because prices are silly already, and will only get sillier the closer it gets. Why not just find a hotel with a cancellation/refund policy (instead of one of those "early bird, non-refundable" rates) so you can get your money back in the unlikely event of not getting what you want?

I used booking.com which means I can cancel for free up to a week or two before check in date. FF is my summer holiday so I refuse to share a room or facilities with anyone, which means I can only afford desolate holes but I've managed to a get a week in a hotel a mile from the Vue for £490 which I pay on arrival.
thatcambridgebird
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by thatcambridgebird »

"desolate hotels" !! Yup. Our hotel was the princely sum of £85 for the night. I expect it's about 2 miles from the cinema (actually, I'm surprised, google maps says 1.1 miles) and will be a complete dive, but we're only going Sat-Sun this year, so it's just a place to crash :)
Lucio Frizzi
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by Lucio Frizzi »

thatcambridgebird wrote:

Yeah, will probably do this. Thanks for the advice
lupogirl
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by lupogirl »

Even though I am gutted about the Sleepy queue. With the changes that are occurring, is there word as yet which ticketing company selling the tickets ? So get registered beforehand.

There is no need to register in advance. See my previous post on this. It is a simple three step system and the process of buying tickets is not really speeded up by doing it up front.
"We Who Walk Here Walk Alone"
zappa fan
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by zappa fan »

Does the ticketing company have a name?
LAST FILM- Turistas 2006
"It's always funny until someone gets hurt. Then it's just hilarious." - Bill Hicks

twitter @nottsey
Letterboxd nottsey
Instagram nottsey
DJBenz
-----
-----

Post by DJBenz »

zappa fan wrote:Does the ticketing company have a name?
One would assume so, but it hasn't been revealed yet. Probably a good thing as there's bound to be at least one person who thinks they're the worst company ever and "this one time I tried to book tickets for X and it was a nightmare..." etc. etc.

For how wound up everyone gets over ticketing it's probably better that these things are kept under wraps as long as possible.
zappa fan
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by zappa fan »

Looking forward to hearing who it'll be.

Look, it doesn't matter who the ticketing company is, all that matters is that FrightFesters get their tickets.

I'm happy with the company. They are bending over backwards to deliver what we need. I had a demonstration of the queuing system yesterday, this is what will stop the system falling over, and it works grand. If anyone doesn't get on to the site the first time, they will see a screen that tells them how long it will be till they get access and also how long they have been waiting. Also, be aware, if anyone sits and continually presses refresh, all that will happen is they will end up back at the end of the queue.
LAST FILM- Turistas 2006
"It's always funny until someone gets hurt. Then it's just hilarious." - Bill Hicks

twitter @nottsey
Letterboxd nottsey
Instagram nottsey
MalJutley
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by MalJutley »

Saw the info in the news letter that tickets will be all online....the example they gave about Liverpool FC Tickets is a good one.. i have been on those ticketing queues for that particular club....you basically wait your turn and get what you need, never had any issues i have to admit.

I assume we will be able to buy more than one so are able to sit with people you are attending festival with.

All good news so far

Of course you can choose your seats and sit together.
iomega
Frightfest Organiser
Frightfest Organiser

Post by iomega »

Can I sort out any ambiguity about when ticket go in sale on the 4th July.

Festival and day pass sales will commence on Saturday July 4 at Noon. These passes will only be available online.

A festival pass this year will cost £185. Day passes are Thursday - £30, Friday and Saturday £60, Sunday and Monday £50. Single tickets this year will be £13.25.
Kris
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by Kris »

iomega wrote:
Sunday and Monday £50.
Will there be less films shown on Sunday then or more on Friday and Saturday?

Yes
Horror fan and avid tea drinker, to discuss the merits of all of the Friday the 13th movies over a nice cup of Assam. Contributor to http://www.realreelscares.com