Mercy

All the news, gossip and information about FrightFest 2016
jonbly
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Mercy

Post by jonbly »

7/10 - Felt like this could have been a much better movie without the twist or any balaclavas. As is... it just didn't sit right with me.
DJBenz
-----
-----

Re: Mercy

Post by DJBenz »

Could have been better if it wasn't unnecessarily stretched out by having the same sequence replayed from different perspectives which actually did very little to advance the story or reveal pertinent plot points. Also wasn't clear when this looping started until I saw someone who had previously been dead, alive again.
Bigcat
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by Bigcat »

This one didn't work for me unfortunately.
There was a good family dynamic in the set up which didn't pay off, which was a shame.
Was left asking why, but not it a good way.
Alex J
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by Alex J »

The first half an hour failed to grab me, feeling more like a worthy drama, but it picked up after that with some effective suspense, jump scares and guessing games. Nevertheless pretty derivative fare. 6.5 / 10
Last edited by Alex J on Tue Aug 30, 2016 11:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
No tears, please. It's a waste of good suffering.
Oswald Cobblepot
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by Oswald Cobblepot »

Looked nice, intriguing at the beginning, but became increasingly muddled the longer it went on.

I wasn't that interested by the night's events the first time around, so the retell was dull and pointless. The twist was weak and poorly thought through, and the baddies justification for what they had done was just nonsense, and in hindsight some of the other character's motivations.
The Soapmaker
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by The Soapmaker »

Re-telling a story from two different perspectives when it wasn't very interesting in the first place was a big problem here. And then once the twist is revealed...
Spoiler:
...we have a group of apparently sincere Church members who are so desperate to save a woman's life that they're prepared to murder six people and lose a few of their own number in the process.
Oh, OK, that makes total sense then doesn't it. Utterly stupid. Still, nice lighting.
TheDukeAbides
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by TheDukeAbides »

Could have been so much more and I actually thought some of the humour was rather misplaced.