They call me Jeeg

All the news, gossip and information about FrightFest 2016
jonbly
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

They call me Jeeg

Post by jonbly »

7/10 - Maybe stayed a bit too grimey for a bit too long... maybe a bit too localised. But I didn't quite connect with this one in the way that the rest of the audience seemed to.
ChrisReynolds
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Re: They call me Jeeg

Post by ChrisReynolds »

Maybe the best of the festival so far for me. The director of this spoke about how he loves the superhero genre but American superhero films are becoming all form and no heart. I think this is true, and this film should be applauded for being more interesting than the competent but formulaic films Marvel churns out and far better than the incompetent stuff from DC. It's got a weird vibe to it, with some social realism and scenes of sex and violence (though disappointingly nothing gory) that aren't common in the American films but probably wouldn't look out of place in a Deadpool movie. Despite being a good film and feeling like it has some real emotions, there's nothing in there that moves it into the realm of excellence. For anybody who's read some non-mainstream superhero comic books, the concepts and character arcs are pretty standard.
TheDukeAbides
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Re: They call me Jeeg

Post by TheDukeAbides »

Tied best film.

No surprise that, like Train to Busan, this had soul, heart and compelling sympathetic and well drawn out characters.

A tad too long but a good film.