The Creature Below

All the news, gossip and information about FrightFest 2016
Lunny68
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

The Creature Below

Post by Lunny68 »

I for the most part enjoyed this, although I was a bit miffed that I'd been slightly misled by the poster in true 80's video nasties style!

A fantastic achievement when you consider the budget, but it did drag a bit towards the end.
ArghZombies
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Re: The Creature Below

Post by ArghZombies »

It was about 30 minutes too long. Some nice ideas, but really dragged in places. And man, that CGI was something else. I think they should've stuck to practical effects throughout. Even lego models on string dangling into a fishtank would've been more convincing. Sure, I know it's low budget and I can forgive films quite a lot as a result of that, but this film needed a bit more work I think. Great concept, but far too slow.
Twitter: @ArghZombies
Alex J
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by Alex J »

Although the budget limitations and shonky CGI detracted a little from this one, I nevertheless enjoyed the story and the practical effects.
Spoiler:
I wasn't sure it was a good idea having an unlikeable lead character, as her demise was neither unexpected nor carried the weight it could have done.
7 / 10
No tears, please. It's a waste of good suffering.
Tyrannosaurus
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by Tyrannosaurus »

This is actually a very good take on Lovecraftian horror. It may just be one of the most accurate. Possibly the best film of the year.
zappa fan
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by zappa fan »

Currently on FreeVee.
LAST FILM- Turistas 2006
"It's always funny until someone gets hurt. Then it's just hilarious." - Bill Hicks

twitter @nottsey
Letterboxd nottsey
Instagram nottsey