Night of Something Strange

All the news, gossip and information about FrightFest 2016
ChrisReynolds
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by ChrisReynolds »

I'm surprised there isn't a thread for this yet. Low-budget but entertaining, this would have been perfect for a Midnight Screening slot if we still had them anymore.

Not everything in this film makes sense, particularly the timeline of where everybody is before they arrive at the central motel location, but that doesn't entirely matter, because this film exists for one purpose: to showcase an array of disgusting scenes combining gore, sex and various bodily fluids and wastes. I knew this would be the right thing to see at Frightfest, because everybody was laughing and enjoying the gore scenes. The problem is that, unlike the characters, it never rises to a climax. After a while I wanted the movie to move it up a gear and start getting more inventive, but it becomes more of a collection of gross-out gags.
greenzombidog
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Re: Night of Something Strange

Post by greenzombidog »

A great mix of gross out humour body horror and gore. It had that henenlotter feel and retro appeal. Also out of the whole weekend this had some things i'd not seen done before, some great original ideas. It was limited plot wise but when a movie has you smiling laughing ( and cringing ) all the way through you know it's a winner.
In the dark womb we ate hot slime
brad1000
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by brad1000 »

Here is my spoiler free review of the repulsively brilliant horror flick Night of Something Strange for The People's Movies -http://thepeoplesmovies.com/2016/09/fri ... ange-2016/
the house shot her !!!
zappa fan
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Re: Night of Something Strange

Post by zappa fan »

Currently on Amazon Prime
LAST FILM- Turistas 2006
"It's always funny until someone gets hurt. Then it's just hilarious." - Bill Hicks

twitter @nottsey
Letterboxd nottsey
Instagram nottsey