Warning to fellow Frighfesters selling on tickets

All the news, gossip and information about FrightFest 2016
Gorehound
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Warning to fellow Frighfesters selling on tickets

Post by Gorehound »

I posted on the forum a while ago that due to a recent bout of poor health I was unable to attend this year and so was willing to sell my full festival pass.
I managed to attract a buyer via the forum who even collected the ticket personally, there was an initial problem with payment however due to the PayPal payment being in the form of an e-cheque that would take 5 days to clear!
Now I'm well aware that Frightfest accepts no responsibility for selling on tickets but I went through with this thinking that I was doing the right thing and keeping within the whole Frightfest community that help and look out for each other?
Well guess what? A lot of excuses and stalling via emails and Twitter I still haven't recieved a penny and am sad to report that now I get no replies to messages and have even been blocked from Twitter pages.
I'm big enough to not name names and admit I've been foolish trusting someone I don't know.
Please be careful people and let this serve as an example to you all.
Don't make the same mistake I did, I'm sure there are still good people out there but this will make me more dubious in future.
"He`ll forgive them.He will forgive them and allow them into heaven, I cant live with that" :geek:
Twitter: zombieslew
mamawaldi
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Re: Warning to fellow Frighfesters selling on tickets

Post by mamawaldi »

What a piece of crap that person is. You are showing more restraint than I would not to name names!
FranksWildYears
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Re: Warning to fellow Frighfesters selling on tickets

Post by FranksWildYears »

Even if it had been a straightforward PayPal transaction that had gone ahead, chargebacks are possible up to 120 days afterwards. I wouldn't touch PP for anything concerning an individual I didn't know (nor most of the ones I do :)).

It's bad luck, but others will benefit from your post. My preference for anything like this is Amazon vouchers - impossible to charge back, anonymous and there's always something on Amazon I want.