Enclosure

All the news, gossip and information about FrightFest 2016
ThanaNiveau
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Enclosure

Post by ThanaNiveau »

This was my second favourite film of the festival (nothing could compete with Train to Busan!). A nice, intimate character-driven piece with great performances from all three leads. Also my favourite creatures of the festival! Someone else said that this was the film The Hallow should have been. Did anyone else here catch it?
I delight in what I fear.
- Shirley Jackson
SilverGunnar Hansen
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Re: Enclosure

Post by SilverGunnar Hansen »

Agree about The Hallow (didn't get the hype, thought it started well but really tailed off), I'd argue Enclosure would have been better without Jake Busey's character - he was so hateful that his presence muddled the tone a bit - and some of the logic towards the end got a bit random. Still really enjoyed it, well-written, great performances (although the leads looked a little like family members! The lead actor was like a cross between Brad Dourif and Jason Patric), Fiona Dourif has such an expressive face and can do so much with very little (shame about her makeup job towards the end though). Alot of the relationship stuff was relatable and engaging. Up there with Willow Creek and satisfyingly different. Top 10 of the fest for me.
zappa fan
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Re: Enclosure

Post by zappa fan »

Currently on FreeVee and Plex.

Now called Arbor Demon.
LAST FILM- Turistas 2006
"It's always funny until someone gets hurt. Then it's just hilarious." - Bill Hicks

twitter @nottsey
Letterboxd nottsey
Instagram nottsey