I'm guessing alot of people are having problems selling tickets - has anyone managed to secure a refund?

For sales/wants of tickets/passes etc. Any transactions are entirely at the risk of parties involved.
SilverGunnar Hansen
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

I'm guessing alot of people are having problems selling tickets - has anyone managed to secure a refund?

Post by SilverGunnar Hansen »

I have 3 tickets left out of 8 that I stupidly purchased thinking that they were all going to sell out in 10 minutes and friends were going to miss out - I feel the communication was sorely lacking in portraying the reality of the situation. Has anyone had any luck getting help selling or refunding their unwanted tickets through the organisers? Are many people at risk of losing hundreds of pounds?
DJBenz
-----
-----

Re: I'm guessing alot of people are having problems selling tickets - has anyone managed to secure a refund?

Post by DJBenz »

I've seen a few tickets go for sale privately, but it's taken hard work on the part of the owners to offload them.

As for thinking they were going to sell out in 10 minutes, FF full festival passes have never sold out on the first day so I don't know where the panic to grab them instantly comes from (seat choice notwithstanding). Certainly people's eagerness to secure tickets has been their downfall this year, as a number of people were left with spares or double-dips - whether this was due to the ticketing system or some other factor I don't know.

I hope you can shift yours, keep plugging away on social media and you might get some bites. Eight tickets seems like an awful lot to buy if you didn't have confirmed commitment from the equivalent number of friends (which you don't seem to have had, if I'm reading between the lines correctly).
stshaw
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Re: I'm guessing alot of people are having problems selling tickets - has anyone managed to secure a refund?

Post by stshaw »

There are still around 40 full passes available, so I am not sure we will manage to shift our unwanted tickets even at a significant discount :(
PaulB
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by PaulB »

Hi, To be honest I gave up a while ago trying to sell my additional ticket, and have given it to my son so he can dip in and out of the festival :(