Freehold

All the news, gossip and information about FrightFest 2017
jonbly
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Freehold

Post by jonbly »

7/10 - Simple idea, done well. Dragged a bit once the girl left, until the reveal... but solid otherwise.
WraithApe
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Re: Freehold

Post by WraithApe »

Will strike a chord with anyone who lives in a city where apartment living and over-priced leasehold property is the norm! Director Dominic Bridges really, really doesn't like estate agents! Imaginative set up and nicely executed single location film which is powered by two fine central performances - Shaikh manages to make his character likeable despite his failings and Javier Botet's wiry physicality as Orlan is something to behold. It could have been a much darker, more insidious movie like Sleep Tight, but Bridges plays it for laughs instead and that's no bad thing. 7/10
TheDukeAbides
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by TheDukeAbides »

Up there with the best of the festival for me.

Well pitched if a bit too long-a-runtime but well acted, well staged and well scripted.

7/10
The Soapmaker
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by The Soapmaker »

Certainly not a horror movie, although it could have been taken in that direction, but a simple idea executed very well. It could easily have been repetitive but it built very nicely to the eventual confrontation.

I'd wanted to avoid this but couldn't get a Discovery ticket... and I'm glad I didn't.
danthsmith
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by danthsmith »

I nearly avoided this as the low budget, brit comedies are often dire (adult babies!) but this was an absolute standout. I hope this finds an audience. A Frightfest film with no deaths as well!. Some moments watched with hands in fron to face
MalJutley
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by MalJutley »

This was so good...very funny and very poignant too. Like the acting of the 2 main guys too and I think it told a strong message too.
Well worth checking out, especially if you are an estate agent or have tried letting a house