Double Date

All the news, gossip and information about FrightFest 2017
jonbly
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Double Date

Post by jonbly »

7/10 - Pacing was a bit uneven, and some of the humour a bit weak... but still a decent enough horror comedy.
Alex J
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Re: Double Date

Post by Alex J »

An enjoyably fun romp and Kelly Wenham's character was great! Did anyone find out where that grand house was?

One or two scenes did threaten to go on too long, but overall a very accomplished effort.
Spoiler:
Pity there can't be a sequel, unless someone comes up with a neat idea?!
8.5 / 10
No tears, please. It's a waste of good suffering.
ChrisReynolds
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Re: Double Date

Post by ChrisReynolds »

I thought this was extremely funny when it was starting out, but gradually got worse as went along. I think the two problems were firstly that they didn't have enough material for a full feature, so there are long excursions from the main plotline when I wanted the film to get on with it, and second that the character Alex is a really unpleasant person, yet by the end we're expected to root for him.
Spoiler:
At the beginning he tries to drug the girls so he and his mate can more easily have sex with them, and at that point I lost all sympathy for him. His brutal fight with Kitty at the end would have been tough to watch even if he had been a nice character, but here I really wanted him to lose.
The final ending is quite weak too, with the final horror being defeated quickly and easily. However the high level of humour throughout and some impressive low-budget action meant this was more entertaining than a lot of films. Also it's helped by great turns from Dexter Fletcher as the alcoholic dad, and Kelly Wenham as Kitty. She really put a lot of effort into her action scenes.