Dhogs

All the news, gossip and information about FrightFest 2017
WraithApe
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Dhogs

Post by WraithApe »

A film where the audience is implicated in the act of viewing. Haneke-lite. Some clever ideas, but it doesn't quite pull it off for me. It lacks the subtlety of something like Cache, and feels too disjointed (though in fairness, there is a good reason for this.) 6/10
TheDukeAbides
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Re: Dhogs

Post by TheDukeAbides »

Well acted enough but just a bit dull and not really as clever as it thinks it is.

Plus when you need to loo but want to stay for the whole film, having title cards for each act it an added form of torture.

4/10
MalJutley
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by MalJutley »

Didn't enjoy this... the message was good but I didn't enjoy the way this film was put together.
greenzombidog
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by greenzombidog »

I get the message this movie was trying to deliver but feel it could have made it more interesting. Also by showing us an audience watching the samething as us and then later saying
Spoiler:
Actually no, it's a computer game
thats why it's a badly told narrative was just lazy and annoying and reminded me of Funny games but with less shocking parts. I picked some real turds for discovery screens this year.
In the dark womb we ate hot slime
sherbetbizarre
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by sherbetbizarre »

greenzombidog wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2017 3:56 pmI picked some real turds for discovery screens this year.
I want a custom FF17 t-shirt with this quote on it... :lol: