Open 24 Hours

The place to discuss FrightFest 2018 - Dates this year are 23 - 27th August.
jonbly
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Open 24 Hours

Post by jonbly »

5/10 - I might have liked this more if half the film wasn't just a delusion. Shrooms again.
greenzombidog
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Re: Open 24 Hours

Post by greenzombidog »

I enjoyed this one and could watch it again. I thought the acting was great. Visually impressive especially on some of the wilder delusions. Shame they couldn't just leave the bad guy dead.
In the dark womb we ate hot slime
Alex J
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by Alex J »

Entertaining old school slasher, making good use of a limited number of locations, and uses the paranoia of the central character well. There are plenty of tense, suspenseful scenes and some satisfying levels of gore. Vanessa Grasse does well in the lead role, and
Spoiler:
the villain is also good value when he does make his full appearance.
7.5 / 10
No tears, please. It's a waste of good suffering.
Paxton
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by Paxton »

Can't imagine why anyone who likes horror movies would hate this, nor can I see anyone who has watched a lot of horror moves would love it. It's just another slasher, nicely photographed, professionally staged and well acted but nothing new
WraithApe
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by WraithApe »

5/10. A solidly run of the mill slasher that I quite enjoyed for the first two thirds, where there were possibilities to take it in a more interesting direction. It goes downhill fast in the final third
Spoiler:
once you realize that James ('The Rain Ripper') is indeed real and not a manifestation of Mary's paranoid delusions.