FrightFest 2021

The place to discuss all things about the 2021 FrightFest Events
The Soapmaker
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Re: FrightFest 2021

Post by The Soapmaker »

Well, buying that ticket was remarkably easy, by far the easiest it's ever been! I guess demand's not as great as usual. Not sure if I'll actually attend or not but I am keeping my options open...
husky1
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by husky1 »

A painless easy booking process apart from the not knowing the counter meant you were in the que. apart from that all great. one question when can we transfer passes to.
The Aylmer
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by The Aylmer »

The Soapmaker wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 12:54 pm Well, buying that ticket was remarkably easy, by far the easiest it's ever been! I guess demand's not as great as usual. Not sure if I'll actually attend or not but I am keeping my options open...
That's why I bought five seats. I'm telling everyone it's because there's five of us going but it's really to keep all you covid infected buggers at arms length!
The Aylmer
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by The Aylmer »

HeadOnAStick wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 12:32 pm It wouldn't be Frightfest without the first jump-scare being courtesy of the booking process :)

Not bad at all this year, though the registration process against the clock might be an event at the Olympics soon...

See you all in August!
Yeah. Luckily I registered before passes went on sale but even so things were going way too smoothly for comfort, the site putting me initially at number 2 in the queue. A couple of minutes later I realised the screen had frozen so had another go and got shoved down 150 places. But even then it only took about 5 minutes and I was back in, getting the usual 5 seats in a decent position for once. So yes, one of the easier years for getting passes :D
Uzumaki
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by Uzumaki »

We're still shielding for medical reasons so not going to be able to make it to Leicester Square which I'm gutted about. I will however do the digital version; when are the tickets going on sale and will the films be the same?
The Soapmaker
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by The Soapmaker »

Quite a lot of seats still available, I see (roughly 6 hours after they went on sale). I guess that explains why the booking system didn't all collapse under the scramble like it usually does.
DavieT
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by DavieT »

Well that was the smoothest booking process ever! :D
WraithApe
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by WraithApe »

^ Ditto. I wasn't sure whether I was going to go this year but checking it was surprised to find quite a lot of weekend passes left, a few decent single seats, so I nabbed one. I guess a lot of people are still wary of going to an event like this. On my lonesome this year, but looking forward to it. Game on!
WraithApe
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by WraithApe »

Argh, I messed up - only just thought to check for Disco screen tickets and of course all the passholder tickets have gone for the films I wanted to see. Will more passholder tickets be made available on the day if the single tickets are not sold out?
FranksWildYears
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by FranksWildYears »

WraithApe wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 4:26 pm Argh, I messed up - only just thought to check for Disco screen tickets and of course all the passholder tickets have gone for the films I wanted to see. Will more passholder tickets be made available on the day if the single tickets are not sold out?
I'm hoping so - I was at work Wednesday, couldn't get online until 9pm and while I managed to get two there was nothing left for the ones I really wanted (a three hour folk horror documentary showing on a Sunday morning completely sold out - who knew? :D)

I'm hoping there'll be a system like previous years where they give out handed back tickets and make available the single tickets which haven't been sold, but failing that I've often had some luck by just turning up and asking as it starts.
WraithApe
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by WraithApe »

FranksWildYears wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 7:56 pm I'm hoping so - I was at work Wednesday, couldn't get online until 9pm and while I managed to get two there was nothing left for the ones I really wanted (a three hour folk horror documentary showing on a Sunday morning completely sold out - who knew? :D)

I'm hoping there'll be a system like previous years where they give out handed back tickets and make available the single tickets which haven't been sold, but failing that I've often had some luck by just turning up and asking as it starts.
Cool, fingers crossed! Still, if it doesn't pan out, I'll be happy just staying in the main screen this year I reckon - I wasn't planning on as many excursions to the Disco screens as usual anyway.