what are you reading?

Get to know the forumites, come and say Hello. Chat music, books, tv or games.
Grindhouse
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

what are you reading?

Post by Grindhouse »

i stopped off at forbiden planet before making my way home and picked up some comics in those lucky bag type things 5 for a £1
some treats inside them
The Goon i finally get to read what toby from papercuts blog is raving about.
Deathdealer,i love this already
zombie hunters
Ultimates
all good stuff
i had a browse in bookstores in charing x road some great books on films in some of the shops there.
"Time To Nut Up Or Shut Up"
maxmum
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by maxmum »

I picked up loads of stuff, I am halfway through readin Jack Ketchums 'Peaceable Kingdom' short story collection at the moment.

I stopped off at forbidden planet and another bookstore and bought a few books Tuesday:

Cthulu 2000
Children of Cthulu
Richard Laymon collection pt1
Parasite Eve
Replaced my tattered old single story copies of the Books of Blood with the two larger volumes containing 3 books each.

Also just ordered Jack Ketchums Old Flames and Triage.

I am also half way through 'Monster Planet' - I was very impressed with the first in this series 'Monster Island', who knew a zombie novel could be so inventive and well written!
Thanks for the ride, sir.
You have lovely sheep.

@patricidalpup
PappaFreakdog
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by PappaFreakdog »

Only now getting my head out of scripts to get back to the King himself and Dark Tower Wizard and glass .. so far .. brilliant
We're Gonna Need A Smaller Shark...
maxmum
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by maxmum »

Good set of books those, read em a couple of years ago.
You have lovely sheep.

@patricidalpup
PappaFreakdog
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by PappaFreakdog »

Yeah maxmum I'm a late comer to his fantasy stuff I love all the cross over 'thinnies' and nods to his other books which I've been devouring for ever now
We're Gonna Need A Smaller Shark...
maxmum
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by maxmum »

I have only recently started reading fantasy after reading the dark tower books. I read nearly everything George RR Martin has done since then, and he's great. If you haven't already then try out the 'Dreamsongs' collection, the books of fire and ice (i think they are called) and his 'wild card' books are pretty good too, in a more superhero type way.
You have lovely sheep.

@patricidalpup
Girl Serial Killer

Post by Girl Serial Killer »

My most recently finished is Hunger which is incredible. I started reading The Master and the Margarita on a plane recently but am not quite in the mood to start reading it proper again yet.
JSh0k
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by JSh0k »

just finished cormac mcarthys 'the road' which is a nice happy read (:()
now reading chuck palahniuks 'snuff' which is great
many things can be preserved in alcohol... dignity is certainly not one of them...
voor
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by voor »

Stick with 'The Master And Margarita ' : Bulgakov is amazing - you'll inevtiably find yourself returning to it time after time - it just happens!

I always remember how I sort of fell into it and never was able to put it down after starting it one day.

Hope you enjoy it!

Sincerely yours

Voor
Jekyll
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by Jekyll »

Rant by Chuck Palahniuk.

Eternally grateful to Trix for suggesting his stuff. Haunted had so many WTF moments in it. Have to get around to re-reading that one of these days.
Hello Doris!
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by Hello Doris! »

JSh0k wrote:just finished cormac mcarthys 'the road' which is a nice happy read (:()
The Road is great (one of my list on the 100 books that I have read this year) They are currently working on the film, which (fingers crossed) should be good.
If only we were amongst friends... or sane persons!
arrangedletters
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by arrangedletters »

I am reading a book called The Islamist, a non fiction tale by a british muslim that got drawn into extremism at a young age and then his story of going through it and coming out the other side. very very interesting...
[img]http://www2.b3ta.com/host/creative/48648/1218304903/queenvicassshakemk2.gif[/img] My "trying to get a piece of short fiction published in People's Friend magazine" Blog!! www.arrangedletters.blogspot.com
krispyg
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore
Location: Failsworth - it's midway between Oldham and Manchester

Post by krispyg »

Let The Right One In

£3.19 from Amazon
MaxRenn
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by MaxRenn »

Hello Doris! wrote:
JSh0k wrote:just finished cormac mcarthys 'the road' which is a nice happy read (:()
The Road is great (one of my list on the 100 books that I have read this year) They are currently working on the film, which (fingers crossed) should be good.
Will find out soon (January 08 release). Production stills surfaced on slashfilm recently, and the looked exceptionally bleak. Viggo is such a great choice for the father. I have high hopes for this.
scrobble
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by scrobble »

At the moment I'm alternating between one of the volumes of Pan horror stories and the 1908-9 journal of the Society for Psychical Research - good stuff!
If you cut off my head, what would I say... Me and my head, or me and my body? What right has my head to call itself me?