EFNY

The 2008 offerings once more walk among us.
ghouldrool
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

EFNY

Post by ghouldrool »

Idea alert.

next retro film just dont play the sound at all. Pop the subtitles on and we can do a FF spin on the Singalong :)

"u gonna kll me now Snake"
" im too tired, maybe later"
"Just what the world needs; a schizophrenic toaster!"
chief brody
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by chief brody »

Many thanks, good two see again, NICE HD .
"YOU"RE GONNA NEED A BIGGER BOAT."
Satans Puppy
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by Satans Puppy »

I was kinda hoping a couple of folks would get up on the stage and do the Whose Line Is It Anyway? thing :D
maxmum
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by maxmum »

I would have preferred The Thing, but sat through it... again, for the umpteenth time!
Thanks for the ride, sir.
You have lovely sheep.

@patricidalpup
Grindhouse
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by Grindhouse »

Seeing snake again is always good,but i only just recently got the blu ray,so was underwhelmed by it,would have liked a more obscure older flick in that slot,Exterminator 2 or something else or even Outlander.
"Time To Nut Up Or Shut Up"
kimblebee
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by kimblebee »

This was my first time seeing this film, and apart from dropping off a couple of times, I absolutely loved it! Was impressed that Kurt stayed in that skimpy lycra vest the whole time though - thought he might have been a bit chilly after a few hours! :lol:
gizmo
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by gizmo »

Saw The Thing at Bradford this year so for me great timing and had yet to see this on the big screen so loved it, only film I nodded off to but managed to get to the nail in the head scene before I went only to reawaken and find that to my horror Ernest B had died...AGAIN, man ever time I watch this film its the same. Can I also say the false start really highlighted what a great atmosphere and bunch of people we had in there this year...Laughed more at the sing a long than at any of the bits in My Name Is Bruce.. tee hee
Yeah but its a dry heat!
Goosebumps
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by Goosebumps »

As EFNY is one of my fave films it was great to see it up on the big screen.. Just day NO to the remake!
Reanimator
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by Reanimator »

I haven't seen this for 15 or so years so it was great to watch it again on a big screen - good fun!
lupogirl
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by lupogirl »

Has been years since I last saw it on the big screen. Admittedly I was getting quite sleepy around this time. Did look rather good and the music was very soothing, hence me getting sleepy.
"We Who Walk Here Walk Alone"
Hello Doris!
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by Hello Doris! »

Fell asleep but having seen the movie millions of times it was no loss. I was amused by someone singing the Assault on Precinct 13 theme tune and declaring that was EFNY and that they loved the film.

I would love to see Running Man - I know not horror, but still bloody fantastic or Total Recall would be amazing!
If only we were amongst friends... or sane persons!
The Soapmaker
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by The Soapmaker »

I've always loved the film - and I have seen it on the big screen before, so I must be older than Neil Marshall....

But I do think it's starting to show its age - it seems a bit plodding and the fight scenes don't have much "impact" compared with modern actioners. But I don't normally find that an issue with older films, maybe I just wasn't in the mood this time.
streetrw
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by streetrw »

EFNY has never been a favourite Carpenter movie of mine; I don't think time has been terribly kind to it. It's got a fantastic cast of cult performers (many of them Carpenter regulars) and I like some of the score, but I'm not convinced than Snake isn't really a bit of a d*ckhead. Nice to see again, though.
giles edwards
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by giles edwards »

streetrw wrote:...but I'm not convinced than Snake isn't really a bit of a d*ckhead. Nice to see again, though.
Indeed!

I'm sure it looked great on the big screen though. No matter what I think of the picture, Carpenter's always been one of the genre's best shooters.
[i]"Would you like to take a closer look ?"[/i]