Collectormania London

Chat here about anything horror related. Be it movies, news, remakes or events.
xLeft For Deadx
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Collectormania London

Post by xLeft For Deadx »

28th/29th November at Earls Court Olympia 2. I think its by the same people that organise London Comic Con.

Just thought I'd bring this up as its no been mentioned on here, but they seem to have lots of Nighmare On Elm Street guests this time. I should be heading down, these type of events are usually quite fun, and I normally only spot 1 or 2 FFers at these things. I think its about £5 to get in.

Horror related guests this time:
Robert Englund
Heather Langenkamp
John Saxon
Katherine Isabella (Ginger Snaps, Freddy vs Jason)
Lisa Wilcox (NOES 4 + 5)
Doug Bradley

...and then a load of other randoms including Shannon Doherty, Anthony Michael Hall, George Takei, and an assorted collection of star wars / doctor who extras, all doing signings talks and so on.

**Edit: Venue name changed so as not to cause confusion**
Last edited by xLeft For Deadx on Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
"The suspect is armed with a machete in one hand, and his genitals in the other."
sherbetbizarre
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by sherbetbizarre »

Thanks for update :) Yes it's run by the same people, but this one is at Earls Court Olympia 2, which is (confusingly) a different venue!

http://www.collectormania.com/london/event.php?venue
Notts Pete
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by Notts Pete »

How could you not mention the gorgeous Cahterine Mary Stewat from Night of the Comet/The Last Starfighter/World Gone Wild? :)
Might be worth the trek down to London just for her ...
I bet you think you know all about vampires ... believe me, you know f@*& all.
xLeft For Deadx
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

sherbetbizarre wrote:Thanks for update :) Yes it's run by the same people, but this one is at Earls Court Olympia 2, which is (confusingly) a different venue!

http://www.collectormania.com/london/event.php?venue
Ahhh..figured it'd be at the same place as London Comic Con. Are you going to be at this one?
"The suspect is armed with a machete in one hand, and his genitals in the other."
Satans Puppy
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by Satans Puppy »

HEATHER!!! OMG OMG OMG!!!!!
[url=http://www.peopleofifrit.net/]Puppy's Blog! Yes Indeed... updated regularly[/url]

[b]Disclaimer:[/b] This post may contain... more than likely contains an idiotic comment, feel free to ignore and move on :D
Satans Puppy
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by Satans Puppy »

Oh good lord I just had a total geekgasm at my desk looking at the list....
[url=http://www.peopleofifrit.net/]Puppy's Blog! Yes Indeed... updated regularly[/url]

[b]Disclaimer:[/b] This post may contain... more than likely contains an idiotic comment, feel free to ignore and move on :D
Rue-morgue Jay
----
----

Re: Collectormania London

Post by Rue-morgue Jay »

xLeft For Deadx wrote:28th/29th November at Earls Court 2. I think its by the same people that organise London Comic Con.

Just thought I'd bring this up as its no been mentioned on here, but they seem to have lots of Nighmare On Elm Street guests this time. I should be heading down, these type of events are usually quite fun, and I normally only spot 1 or 2 FFers at these things. I think its about £5 to get in.

Robert Englund
Heather Langenkamp
John Saxon
Lisa Wilcox (NOES 4 + 5)
Doug Bradley

...and then a load of other randoms including Shannon Doherty, Anthony Michael Hall, George Takei, and an assorted collection of star wars / doctor who extras, all doing signings talks and so on.
OH MY GOD!!!! I think i just did the bad thing in my trousers! :oops: :shock:

I HAVE to go to this. : must find my copy of adventures of ford fairlaine for englund to sign!' :D
Satans Puppy
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Re: Collectormania London

Post by Satans Puppy »

Rue-morgue Jay wrote:
xLeft For Deadx wrote:28th/29th November at Earls Court 2. I think its by the same people that organise London Comic Con.

Robert Englund
Heather Langenkamp
John Saxon
Lisa Wilcox (NOES 4 + 5)
Doug Bradley

OH MY GOD!!!! I think i just did the bad thing in my trousers! :oops: :shock:

I HAVE to go to this. : must find my copy of adventures of ford fairlaine for englund to sign!' :D
Hooray!!! *jumps up and down with Jay, geekgasm in equal supply* :lol:

This is gonna be EXPENSIVE!!!

Laymonite
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by Laymonite »

I work for Earl's Court and Olympia so thought I'd straighten out the confusion about the venue. There is Earl's Court Exhibition Centre, which is where the Comic Con was held, and then there is Olympia Exhibition Centre, about a mile away. Olympia is where Collectormania is being held.

Closest station is Kensington Olympia on District Line and London Overground. It's so close to Olympia, it's practically in the car park.

I'm certainly hoping to go to this.

If you're going, try and book your ticket in advance rather than on the day. At Comic Con there was a huge queue of people waiting to buy a ticket, but if you have it already you can go straight in. But then again, with all these post strikes, who's to say you'd even receive your ticket in time? Maybe they use special delivery.
Bring her to me, you bum. I'll take care of business.
xLeft For Deadx
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Is this venue bigger than the one they used for London Comic Con? It certainly looks more pleasant.
Last edited by xLeft For Deadx on Thu Oct 22, 2009 11:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Laymonite
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by Laymonite »

Can't actually say for sure, as I've only been to Olympia a couple of times. The space they used for Comic Con was Earl's Court 2, which is just an extension of Earl's Court 1 which can be sectioned off. EC1 is bigger than EC2, but for Olympia I'm not too sure.
Satans Puppy
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by Satans Puppy »

*bangs head against desk* my workings out already have me at nearly £300 spent in there :lol:

You bastard!!! *shakes fist at Mr Leftfordead* I'll see you on twitter!!! :lol:

sherbetbizarre
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by sherbetbizarre »

Laymonite, their website says its on at Olympia 2... are there 2 venues at Olympia?
xLeft For Deadx
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Satans Puppy wrote:*bangs head against desk* my workings out already have me at nearly £300 spent in there :lol:

You bastard!!! *shakes fist at Mr Leftfordead* I'll see you on twitter!!! :lol:
Don't forget the ~£10 you'll end up spending on lunch, not to mention all the Blu-Ray stalls they'll have.
Laymonite
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by Laymonite »

sherbetbizarre wrote:Laymonite, their website says its on at Olympia 2... are there 2 venues at Olympia?
Like Earl's Court, it's really just one big building, divided into two exhibition halls. So it'll be in Olympia 2, but it isn't really a separate building.