Paranormal Activity

Relive the horror of Frightfest 2009
The Soapmaker
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by The Soapmaker »

I thought it was great.

I liked the way they set up the "daytime safe, night-time scary" pattern at the beginning, then gradually pulled the rug out from under our feet so we never knew quite what was likely to happen. Nice job.
sherbetbizarre
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by sherbetbizarre »

A couple of Youtube spoofs....

PARANNOYING ACTIVITY

Paranormal Saw
Laymonite
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by Laymonite »

I watched this yesterday and really liked it. Sounds like I was right to leave the screen whenever I went to a film and the trailer to this came on. Everything that happened in the film was a surprise to me.

My favourite bit was actually when the psychic (who looked like George W to me) turned up for the second time and immediately said he had to leave! Scariest bit would be when she gets dragged out of the bed.

I assume there was no "proper" script for it? All the dialogue seemed very natural.

Was quite funny towards the end as there were three schoolgirls sat a few rows behind me. They walked in about 60 seconds into the film going "oh no, we're missing it" and I thought great, they'll be chatting all the way through. Fair play though, they were quiet for the majority, but then started screaming and going "oh god" at the end, which I didn't mind at all. Showed they were getting into it :)

How come the timer only came up at night though? Why wasn't it on during the day? And I did wonder why neither of them ever went to work, that question has now been answered for me earlier on in this topic.

I think a sequel might be an interesting idea, I wonder if it would be home video again or would it be "proper"? Surely it would be better than Blair Witch 2?
Bring her to me, you bum. I'll take care of business.
Satans Puppy
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by Satans Puppy »

well since you know who has gone missing, it couldnt really be set in the same place as the thing follows you know who :lol:

A sequel would prolly take the same for but a different family/couple and a different entity.... hopefully!
[url=http://www.peopleofifrit.net/]Puppy's Blog! Yes Indeed... updated regularly[/url]

[b]Disclaimer:[/b] This post may contain... more than likely contains an idiotic comment, feel free to ignore and move on :D
krispyg
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore
Location: Failsworth - it's midway between Oldham and Manchester

Post by krispyg »

I can't wait to see it again.

But I'm trying to find a willing group of volounteers/victims to go and watch this
"With all your superstitions
And empty lines
I could be just like you
Withdrawn but alive"
Loup-garou
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by Loup-garou »

I'm with Wolfshade (apart from the bit about Blair Witch), can't see what all the fuss is about. Was grateful to Paul for asking for the sound to be turned up though, otherwise I might have nodded off :wink:
DGB
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by DGB »

[quote="krispyg"]I can't wait to see it again.

But I'm trying to find a willing group of volounteers/victims to go and watch this[/quote]

We're going to see it again next Friday, with friends.

I rarely go twice to watch a film, but am going jjust for their reactions...
krispyg
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore
Location: Failsworth - it's midway between Oldham and Manchester

Post by krispyg »

I do but for the following reasons. Watching a film at FrightFest is watching it with like minded people who are there as they want to see something scary and possibly may have already anticipated what is going to happen in a film from seeing so many other films and knowing what tricks a director can and may well use.

Seeing it with the general public is a different (but not better) experience, like with Let The Right One In, there was not a peep out of anybody from the start to the end, people were that mesmerised by it. So seeing a film that scares me with a load of strangers could be fun.

I can't say I would not watch things twice as I would probably not own at least half of my film collection if that was the case.
"With all your superstitions
And empty lines
I could be just like you
Withdrawn but alive"
zappa fan
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Re: Paranormal Activity

Post by zappa fan »

Currently on Netflix, Prime Video, sky, now and Icon.
LAST FILM- Turistas 2006
"It's always funny until someone gets hurt. Then it's just hilarious." - Bill Hicks

twitter @nottsey
Letterboxd nottsey
Instagram nottsey