Ruin Me

All the news, gossip and information about FrightFest 2017
Alex J
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Ruin Me

Post by Alex J »

I liked the characters and the early interplays between them, with the humour and various horror movie references, as well as the guessing game that came into play. However, I thought the middle act was less interesting as it concluded with a fairly predictable twist. I also found the final twist was also not unexpected and seemed a little off-kilter with the rest of the film. Still, plenty to enjoy with this one. 7.5 / 10
No tears, please. It's a waste of good suffering.
Whiptail
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Re: Ruin Me

Post by Whiptail »

I agree with Alex mostly. it started off good but then fell a little flat near the middle and failed to get back up. The main plot twist was ruined for me a little too early on as soon as things started to seem a bit off with the bf.

Still likable characters (or likable unlikable characters in Pitchs case) and interesting premise and very happy that it didnt become just a drug induced dream like I thought it was going to end up as.
MalJutley
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by MalJutley »

This wasn't bad at all...a tad predictable given I had seen Fear Inc recently and it reminded me of that a bit. The film did slow down a bit and I'd have preferred build up to be quicker...but all in all an enjoyable watch....good one to check out
ChrisReynolds
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by ChrisReynolds »

If you've seen The Game or the recent Fear, Inc. you have a good idea what to expect, with a constant barrage of twists trying to confuse the viewer as to whether things are really happening or not. With these sorts of movies there's always a tension between how many of the reversal twists can be piled on before either option (the events being real or staged) becomes unbelievable. I feel most of these movies cross this line about half-way through, resulting in a frustrating experience. To its credit Ruin Me comes up with an elegant solution that makes sense of things. The script is the main strength of this film which otherwise has to struggle with an extremely low budget that means you shouldn't expect visuals or effects that ever become more impressive than people running around in the woods, but still results in an entertaining lo-fi slasher.