what are you reading?

Get to know the forumites, come and say Hello. Chat music, books, tv or games.
Grindhouse
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by Grindhouse »

just finished reading icons in the fire,the fall and decline of just about everyone in the british film industry,by alexander walker,and interesting insight into the british film industry from 1984 -2000.
have also got World War Z to read.
"Time To Nut Up Or Shut Up"
Beef246
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by Beef246 »

Im currently going through a major King stage for some reason, read Slames' Lot again, and now reading Duma Key, which is so far so good, bit slow though.

Just wondering if anyone has read the Autumn series by David Moody?
Hello Doris!
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by Hello Doris! »

Just re read for the third time the Janet Street-Porter autobiography.
If only we were amongst friends... or sane persons!
Vampirella
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by Vampirella »

I'm reading Breaking Dawn by Stephenie Meyer
I would rather be hated every damn day of my life for being real than loved for being something I'm not...
maxmum
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by maxmum »

I am reading the beast house trilogy, it's a bit 70's. I am on the last book.

I have just bought the new stephen king book (I think it's called Just after sunset or something) and will probably read that one next!
Thanks for the ride, sir.
You have lovely sheep.

@patricidalpup
halloweengirl
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by halloweengirl »

My lovely husband got me Necromicon, a HUGE collection of HP Lovecraft's stories. I am snuggling up with that at night!
orlovsky
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by orlovsky »

halloweengirl wrote:My lovely husband got me Necromicon, a HUGE collection of HP Lovecraft's stories. I am snuggling up with that at night!
Doris got me that for chrimble, not been through it yet, but it looks like it's a lovely edition :)
"I see the bad moon arising.."
Rue-morgue Jay
----
----

Post by Rue-morgue Jay »

This message board! BOOM BOOM! :D

:sigh: no sense of humor none of ya!

Currently trawling through the novel PIN by andrew neiderman (the devil's advocate). I've own the film for year, but decided to read the book. As always the book is WAAAY more twisted, perverted, and VERY VERY detailed! :shock:
Hello Doris!
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by Hello Doris! »

Well I will start reading the new Robert Rankin tomorrow, after I (fingers crossed) get it signed by him.
halloweengirl
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by halloweengirl »

Went to Murder One in Charing Cross Road this weekend as it may be the last chance for me to get there - it's closing at the end of January, although the staff are hoping to get a mail order service up and running. Such a shame these sorts of shops are just disappearing in the current economic climate. Enough seriousness - I mostly buyed some lovely books about rapists and murderers (The Happy Face Killer (!) and a couple of Anne Rule books) and will enjoy my bedtime reading in my own sick way. Hubby bought some books by the guys who wrote the Relic & it's sequel Reliquary, Whatnot Preston and Lincoln Hoogeethingy. And there's 20% off the books - get down there!
rach
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by rach »

Just bought Once Were Warriors by Alan Duff but Melvin has stolen it. Saw the film a few weeks back, such powerful stuff I was in tears throughout!
gregjames
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by gregjames »

Just finished The Store by Bentley Little and started The Mailman, also by him. And reading Necessary Evil by Shaun Hutson at lunchtimes. I do like a book where the fatalities start stacking up by the end of the prologue.
Hello Doris!
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by Hello Doris! »

Re reading (I think I need some new books!) The Collector by John Fowles. I think I should watch the film at some stage to see what its like.
kitkat
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by kitkat »

John Ajvide Lindqvist (the author of Let the Right One In) has a new book coming out in March. It is called'Handling the Dead' and seems to be about zombies. I've already pre-ordered my copy from Amazon as if it is half as good as LTROI it will be better than a lot of horror novels out there. Speaking of swedish writers, has anyone read any Stieg Larsson. They are well worth a read.
Vampirella
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by Vampirella »

Big Bosoms and Square Jaws: The Biography of Russ Meyer by Jimmy Mcdonough
I would rather be hated every damn day of my life for being real than loved for being something I'm not...